Modern Camaro Forums banner

Service Park Assist DIC

8K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Chevy Customer Service 
#1 ·
Stopped and filled up the Camaro this evening with 92 ethanol free go juice. Jumped back in and tried to fire her back up and I got a Service Park Assist DIC message. Car would start and then shut itself back off - had me more than a little worried. :mad: Dash lit up like a Christmas tree with all the dummy lights going off. I let her sit for a couple minutes, started her up again and she kept running but with all lights on and the DIC message still giving me the finger. Engine ran fine, sounded fine, but none of the gauges worked, including the HUD speedometer.

After I got home I back it into the garage and the rear camera/sensors were dead, no beeps, no guide, nothing. Let her sit for roughly 15 minutes while I cleaned off the rear sensors with some detail spray. Started her up, no DIC message, no Christmas tree lights, everything runs as it should. :thumbsup:

I back up all the time, everywhere, for everything. With the ground fx and low clearance it is much easier and safer for me to back into parking spaces. So my rear sensors are utilized often. I figure one of the sensors must have had a gremlin and shut down the rear parking assist. Just an FYI for those who have or may see similar issues. If it happens again, I'm heading to the dealership to have it thoroughly checked out.

See less See more
#2 ·
Stopped and filled up the Camaro this evening with 92 ethanol free go juice.
B@stard!! ;) This ethanol sh1t we have here keeps f*cking up the tank on my Ducati... :mad: Not to mention I only get 91 here....

Post up if they find anything with the Park Assist system when you take it in....

#3 ·
:lol: There's very few independent stations around here that still sell it and it's not cheap. Fortunately, one is just a couple miles from home.

Hoping I don't need to take it in and it was just one-time fluke. If she spends time at the dealership I'll follow up with more info on the fix.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.