Who else in here is still a year away from a 5th gen? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 45 Old 03-04-2009, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Who else in here is still a year away from a 5th gen?

I am confident that the only new camaro I could buy would have to be a convertible, and have to be a loaded SS. That car is a year off from what I am seeing here. Bit of a drag as I actually really like the car and am hella impatient.

Who else is in this slow boat?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 Old 03-04-2009, 07:59 PM
Veteran Member

I'm more than a year away not because of availability of the model, but availability of ca$h.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
post #3 of 45 Old 03-04-2009, 08:25 PM

i'm a year away because i refuse to make payments on a car i can't drive. be joining the marine corps at the end of May and have a couple years of straight training before i'd have time to get away and drive. but at least by then the HUD will be out

post #4 of 45 Old 03-04-2009, 08:47 PM

I am a year away because I want a CTSV.

2005 CTSV BLACK LS7 Clutch/Flywheel/Slave, Tick Speed Bleeder, Tilton Clutch MC, RevShift Bushings, Domestic V8 Solutions (shifter, 8.8 Diff conversion, srut tower braces, sub-frame connectors), SLP cats, no cags, xpipe, bullet mufflers, Volante, iPod dock, G-force tune; 379hp 381tq.

Killing 5th gens like it is my job.
post #5 of 45 Old 03-04-2009, 08:51 PM
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep

Garage
I dont know how far away i am from buying a new camaro... i buy some lottery tickets and hope ill win enough to buy one as soon as i could but unless that happens it'll probably be a year until i could get mine how i want it
post #6 of 45 Old 03-04-2009, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54inches View Post
I am a year away because I want a CTSV.
That is a bad ass car. I am a huge fan of that segment, lean a little more towards the M3/C63 but contract with a Caddy dealer and they have a black one sitting in the showroom and its beautiful.

I have not driven the the V but have driven the DI CTS and it is a **** nice car. I am sure the V is very impressive.
post #7 of 45 Old 03-04-2009, 09:14 PM

I own a CTS that is ALL black.

I have also driven a 2008 3.6. One hell of a burnout! (rental, ask around about what I do to rentals)

I am about a year away from a V as I want a 2006 or 2007 as they have the bigger engine.

The CTS line is amazing in itself.

I just pulled all of the brakes this weekend as I had a rear squeak and my rear rotors were a tad scored, so I took them in to have them turned.

I also brought in my pads to mic them against new replacements.

My 2003 CTS has 55,000 miles on it and I have even wear ALL the way around, but this is the kicker: .02 mm of wear in 55,000 miles. Gotta love ceramics. Even better is my discs were only worn about the same.

I slapped everything back on with the turned rotors and it stops GREAT now.

Anyways, I want an ALL black one and I am going to test drive one out and see how the back seat is as I have two small kids and they are more important than going fast, not muc, but they still win.

2005 CTSV BLACK LS7 Clutch/Flywheel/Slave, Tick Speed Bleeder, Tilton Clutch MC, RevShift Bushings, Domestic V8 Solutions (shifter, 8.8 Diff conversion, srut tower braces, sub-frame connectors), SLP cats, no cags, xpipe, bullet mufflers, Volante, iPod dock, G-force tune; 379hp 381tq.

Killing 5th gens like it is my job.
post #8 of 45 Old 03-04-2009, 09:16 PM

Ditto on the availability of cash... but for sure one day

post #9 of 45 Old 03-04-2009, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

I saw this car a few times, local chef here in phoenix who was a regular at local exotic car club GTG's. This thing was ferocious! Have you seen it before? He had all kinds of work done to it and was one car the actually looked good murdered out.

post #10 of 45 Old 03-04-2009, 09:28 PM
Veteran Member

I rode in an old CTS-V not too long ago. It felt like my ass fell off, because the ride was harsher than a Jeep Wrangler's.

and dayum that cts looks great.

I heard the MY2009 V's are loads better, though. and with a ZR1 engine, it'd better be.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page