Cleveland Autoshow/need advice!!! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 03-08-2009, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Cleveland Autoshow/need advice!!!

I went to the Cleveland Autoshow today and guess where all the people were flocking?! =) For anyone that hasn't been able to sit in one yet, let me tell you, you will not be disappointed!!!! I sat in the 2LT with leather and super comfy. My dad said the same, with lots of leg room...but I feel for anyone in the back seat. The interior wraps around you as you sit in it.

So I need advice with the tire packages. I initially thought it's not such the big deal with the differences. Well, the 2LT had 20's and how beautiful.

Any thoughts/suggestions??? (I ordered a 2LT but just left it at the 18's)

<3 Mine:2LT IOM CGM rally stripes sunroof <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 03-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherMarie2LT View Post
I went to the Cleveland Autoshow today and guess where all the people were flocking?! =) For anyone that hasn't been able to sit in one yet, let me tell you, you will not be disappointed!!!! I sat in the 2LT with leather and super comfy. My dad said the same, with lots of leg room...but I feel for anyone in the back seat. The interior wraps around you as you sit in it.

So I need advice with the tire packages. I initially thought it's not such the big deal with the differences. Well, the 2LT had 20's and how beautiful.

IMO get the 20's

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #3 of 14 Old 03-08-2009, 09:29 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Btw

post #4 of 14 Old 03-12-2009, 07:50 PM

it is really that comfortable?
and i also think the same as bamaproshop
post #5 of 14 Old 03-12-2009, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

it is very comfortable. The leather seats that is.

Thanks! I think I'll be upgrading them def.

<3 Mine:2LT IOM CGM rally stripes sunroof <3
post #6 of 14 Old 03-12-2009, 08:39 PM

Definetly upgrade Heather. to me the 20's just look great with the body lines of the 5th gen. But that's my opinion.

Famous last words: "Hold my beer and watch this!"
post #7 of 14 Old 03-12-2009, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherMarie2LT View Post

Somebody smarter than me will correct me if I am wrong, but to get the 20's, you have to get the RS package. If you get the 20's, they are SUMMER ONLY tires. If you are going to drive in snow, that means you need to buy another set of tires and have them switched out (and some people will even recommend you get another set of rims too so you are not unmounting and mounting your tires).

I would strongly encourage you to get the RS package, I got it mostly for the color matched roof ditch molding (the stripes of rubber on the roof are just black without it) and for the 20" wheels. Then you also get the cool halos and ambient lighting. I have a winter car already so I'm set.

If you just upgrade to the 19" tires, for like $500, then you still get all-season.

-Brad
post #8 of 14 Old 03-12-2009, 09:10 PM
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple

Yeah, to get 20s you would need the RS package, which I would strongly recommend since you also get the sweet HID headlights with halos.

Otherwise your upgrade choice on the LT would be 19s.

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
post #9 of 14 Old 03-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Veteran Member

It would be a good idea to upgrade. I'm not much of a fan of the 18s, but I know a lot of people like them. Listen to Octane
post #10 of 14 Old 03-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrorud View Post
Somebody smarter than me will correct me if I am wrong, but to get the 20's, you have to get the RS package. If you get the 20's, they are SUMMER ONLY tires. If you are going to drive in snow, that means you need to buy another set of tires and have them switched out (and some people will even recommend you get another set of rims too so you are not unmounting and mounting your tires).

I would strongly encourage you to get the RS package, I got it mostly for the color matched roof ditch molding (the stripes of rubber on the roof are just black without it) and for the 20" wheels. Then you also get the cool halos and ambient lighting. I have a winter car already so I'm set.

If you just upgrade to the 19" tires, for like $500, then you still get all-season.

They are working on getting a all season tire for the 20's ( i think Scott had them on his when he picked his car up scorpions i think) But i might be wrong not sure

-Brad

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page