Modern Camaro Forums banner

3 Modern Muscle Cars

5K views 32 replies 17 participants last post by  APCamaro 
#1 ·
#2 · (Edited)
IMO, they should be comparing the 2010 GT rather than the 2009.

I don't think any of these sites should let people review vehicles until they are actually available to the public. Good reviews or not, those comments should be removed.

How about the guy saying how great it is, but spells it Camero. Then there is another who is concerned it's not really made in America. I love these enthusiasts who really don't know wtf they are talking about. Yay for the internetszz.

EDIT: I attempted to spell Camaro wrong, but I couldn't even do that!

#4 ·
These modern "muscle cars" wont ever be as great as the muscle cars back in the 60s and 70s Those were pure power that nothing today could match up with

#11 ·
The 5th gen camaro 376 cubic inches V8
the 1st gen Camaro 427 cubic inches V8
Those engines were pure power back then. American Muscle cant come close to it today because of todays laws
The Chevy Chevelle SS had a 454 cubic inch V8 cant beat that

#16 · (Edited)
No one is going to win this argument with him. OceanChevy is living in a fantasy world. Just as an empirical, verifiable counterpoint to your argument OceanChevy, the mighty 426 street hemi (arguably one of the MOST potent of 60's musclecar engines) was tested against a modern 6.1 hemi. Both engines made 467 HP on an engine, not chasis, dyno. Add in better tire technology , suspension, braking, safety, emissions and there is no way you can say that 60's muscle cars are better performers. If you like their styling better, that's fine, but have facts to back up your claims before you come on here, spouting BS.

#18 ·
Ocean chevy, you cant really be serious. I will agree with you that the older cars from the 60's and early 70's were much better styled but all of them are famous for being straight line performers that couldnt handle. Now if we're talking muscle cars camaro and mustang have to be excluded as they are not muscle cars they are pony cars. So todays pony cars are like 54 inches said, safer, faster, stop and handle better and are more fuel efficient in doing all of this. They showed were a super bee got beat in a road course test by a honda oddessy MINIVAN as it could not handle the turns just like all the other older cars outside of maybe the trans am series cars like the z-28 and the I thinkit was boss 302 that they raced trans am with. In saying all that, I absolutely love the old cars but facts are facts. I would take a 70 Chevelle LS6 over a 5th gen any day.

#19 · (Edited)
I love 1st gens...but this argument is silly. Ocean...your throwing out CID #'s...not HP/Torque/0-60/qtr mile. And, not many Camaro's had 427's (how many...less than 100?), most V8's were 307's, 327's, 350's, some 302's and 396's. I had a 250 in my '69 Camaro...and I wouldn't want to compare that to the new V6.

You can say the 5th gens aren't real muscle cars and don't have the personality of the 1st gens...but to say they can't compare in terms of power (and especially handling)...you're just wrong.

#24 ·
Here is the link to the video of the minivan beating the dodge charger daytona. I dont like admitting this is true but facts are facts.
Ouch for the Daytona! When was that video made? Rush Limbaugh sure looked a LOT more trim and fit back then... :lol:

#22 ·
Guys, go write a review!

#23 ·
I'm old. I remember the sixties. 1 Horse power from the sixties is less than 1 horse power from the present. In 1972 the companies went from SAE gross HP to SAE net HP to please the government. The same engines were rated about 2/3 of what they were the previous year without any changes. The older cars also had rear end ratios of 3.75-1 to 4.56-1. We now have performance axle ratios of 3.23-1 to 3.43-1. Put some 4.56's into a fourth gen SS and hang on. Today's muscle cars are faster, quicker, better built, better handling, better stopping and more fuel efficient period.

#25 ·
That video is from a few years ago. Not sure exactly when. Its from a show sports car revolution that is not on anymore. The guys on that show also do dream car garage that is still on speed.

#28 ·
A proper setup thirdgen is a beast to handle on the track. By beast, I mean AWESOME!!!!

A stock one will KILL a stock first gen.

I am done arguing with OceanChebby as he has already proven himself uneducated in this argument and you guys have already proved him wrong so many times now, it will take pages for him to respond.

Thank you!

#30 ·
We interrupt this thread for a F-A-S-T commercial break...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.