trying one on for size - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 03-11-2009, 07:53 AM Thread Starter

trying one on for size

aside from start up of production, order numbers, option choices and delivery dates, when will we be able to go to a dealer and sit in a camaro, ANY camaro, and see how the fit is for us taller folks (6'3.5").

it would be such a driver of orders to have cars in the dealer showrooms, not for sale but for test drives and such...you couldn't buy beter advertising.

thanks in advance,
jackg
06 sts6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-11-2009, 08:01 AM

All dealers will have one by National Camaro Launch Day, which I think is May 6th...

-Brad
post #3 of 8 Old 03-11-2009, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justgreat View Post
aside from start up of production, order numbers, option choices and delivery dates, when will we be able to go to a dealer and sit in a camaro, ANY camaro, and see how the fit is for us taller folks (6'3.5").

it would be such a driver of orders to have cars in the dealer showrooms, not for sale but for test drives and such...you couldn't buy beter advertising.

thanks in advance,
jackg
06 sts6
I've seen people as big as 6"6"" and 300# in the car with no problem.

post #4 of 8 Old 03-11-2009, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

may 6th, excellent...thanks...

jackg
06 sts6
post #5 of 8 Old 03-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Veteran Member

When I sat in one, it was actually very spacious. I'm only 5'9", but it seemed like bigger people could fit

The 300+ pound person in the pasenger seat loved it!
post #6 of 8 Old 03-11-2009, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

unfortunately, there's a big spread bewteen 5'9'' and almost 6'4"....since the roofline is so low (imo) i'm hoping that the rake of the seatback is such that i can still have a comfortable reach to the steering wheel and have decent headroom. also, if the electric seat slides the rear of the bottom cushion downward as the seat is moved back on the track, that will afford additional headroom. my wife's audi a4 has that design and it's amazing to me that i can fit in that car and it has a sunroof!!

i'm keeping my fingers crossed.

jackg
06 sts6
post #7 of 8 Old 03-11-2009, 11:57 AM

I'm 6'4" and had no problem fitting in the LS that was at the Dallas autoshow. Was it as "easy" to get in an out of as my truck, no but it wasn't difficult either. To be honest, when I was in the car, I felt like I could have moved the seat forward a little and been in a more comfortable driving position. I was able to adjust the seat back to a more upright position than I was able to in my wife's 98 Mustang GT which I was pleased with. If I understand right, the steering column telescopes as well, which should allow for us tall, long-armed, folks to get it set just right. I have one on order and wouldn't have made that decision if I thought I couldn't fit in the vehicle and use it as a daily driver.

Delivered 9/22/09: 2SS/RS, CGM, Black Rally Stripes, 6m, LS3, R6P,Q9J Wheels

Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
--Larry The Cable Guy
post #8 of 8 Old 03-11-2009, 12:08 PM

I thought that I had read here or maybe on some other review that it was getting some positive feedback for being pretty spacious. My recollection is that the 4thgen car might not have been as roomy and that the 5thgen was quite a bit better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page