* An invitation from Rick Hendrick Automall * - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 Old 03-13-2009, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
www.camaroscotty.com

Garage
* An invitation from Rick Hendrick Automall *

I was asked to pass this along to ALL OF YOU!:

On May 2, 2009, starting at 10:30 a.m., we will be unveiling the 2010 Camaro here at Hendrick Durham Auto Mall in Durham, N.C. On display will be the very first production Camaro – the one that was purchased by Rick Hendrick himself, with VIN ending in 001. He is bringing it here from the plant in Canada. Also on display will be his entire collection of classic Camaros, and local Camaro and Corvette club members from the Triangle area here (Durham, Chapel Hill, Raleigh, Cary, etc.) will be bringing their classic Camaros and Corvettes. We also expect to have a 2010 Camaro here from GM that people will have a chance to test drive. There will be free food and beverages, and this should be a great event. Anyone who wants to sign up to come or has questions about this event can call Paul Ensslin directly at (919) 667-2226

TELL THEM CAMARO SCOTTY SENT YA!

http://www.camaroscotty.com
YAHOO IM:
CamaroScotty / FACEBOOK: Camaro Scotty

Last edited by Camaro Scotty; 03-13-2009 at 02:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 03-13-2009, 02:47 PM

<marks calendar>

Thanks, Scott!
post #3 of 31 Old 03-13-2009, 03:11 PM
Camaro Focus Group Member

that's awesome!

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-

post #4 of 31 Old 03-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Veteran Member

thats freaking sweet! too bad it's so far from here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54inches View Post
Facebook has sucked me into Farmtown.

What can I say I love virtual plowing.
post #5 of 31 Old 03-13-2009, 03:55 PM

Why cant he bring those cars to Texas. Where it matters most
post #6 of 31 Old 03-13-2009, 04:33 PM
Veteran Member

Why are Corvettes invited? I bet for **** sure than Camaros aren't invited to Corvette unveilings. I don't have anything against Corvettes, but this is a CAMARO unveil.

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
post #7 of 31 Old 03-13-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
Why are Corvettes invited? I bet for **** sure than Camaros aren't invited to Corvette unveilings. I don't have anything against Corvettes, but this is a CAMARO unveil.
I wondered the same thing.........but they must have some reason for it.

If anyone wants more information, I've started a thread on my own websites forums with more details and the registration form. I work in Durham and will be going by there on Friday to see what's available for people to see who may not be able to get there on Sat. Per Paul earlier today, they are also trying to secure the Daytona 500 Pace Car driven by Tom Cruise.

http://www.bowtiebrigade.net/bowtiebrigade_033.htm

Last edited by NVMY68SS; 03-13-2009 at 04:45 PM.
post #8 of 31 Old 03-13-2009, 04:57 PM

Just got another update from Paul at the dealership. Apparently, Rick Hendrick bought VINs #0001 and #0002.........and they will both be in Durham for this event as well as (2) 69 Camaros.
post #9 of 31 Old 03-13-2009, 09:59 PM
THE FBODFATHER

Let me say something about Rick Hendrick and his organization......

Rick bleeds bowties.

Moreover -- he hired Mr. Jim Perkins -- former General Manager of Chevrolet Motor Division (and GM Vice President) when he retired in the 90s.....

Jim is every Camaro Enthusiast's best friend.

Jim NEVER stopped campaigning to get the Camaro back into the portfolio -- at every GM meeting, he'd bring the Camaro to the forefront of discussions.

He was our guest at the January 8th Camaro/Firebird event at the GM Heritage Center (on the eve of the unveil of the Camaro concept on January 9)......he was one of the first to arrive -- and one of the last to leave that evening........

Messers Hendrick and Perkins are some of our best allies - and if you are ANYWHERE near this event -- PLEASE -- I beg you -- show up!!!

You will not be disappointed -- MOREOVER - you will show your support for two men who have dedicated themselves to the Chevy Camaro!

Shake their hands and say "Thank You!"
post #10 of 31 Old 03-13-2009, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbodfather View Post
Let me say something about Rick Hendrick and his organization......

Rick bleeds bowties.

Moreover -- he hired Mr. Jim Perkins -- former General Manager of Chevrolet Motor Division (and GM Vice President) when he retired in the 90s.....

Jim is every Camaro Enthusiast's best friend.

Jim NEVER stopped campaigning to get the Camaro back into the portfolio -- at every GM meeting, he'd bring the Camaro to the forefront of discussions.

He was our guest at the January 8th Camaro/Firebird event at the GM Heritage Center (on the eve of the unveil of the Camaro concept on January 9)......he was one of the first to arrive -- and one of the last to leave that evening........

Messers Hendrick and Perkins are some of our best allies - and if you are ANYWHERE near this event -- PLEASE -- I beg you -- show up!!!

You will not be disappointed -- MOREOVER - you will show your support for two men who have dedicated themselves to the Chevy Camaro!

Shake their hands and say "Thank You!"
Thanks for that info Scott. I can't wait to see the cars......and tell them thanks if given the chance. Learn something every day about the people who helped bring the Camaro back to us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page