Have You Called GM to Check on Your Order? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 03-18-2009, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

Have You Called GM to Check on Your Order?

I tried to do that today and was rather sternly told that because production only began on the 16th, that they were not able to provide any information. That was a synopsis . . . since she actually told me that they don't go into production until the 16th. I then had to point out to this rocket scientist that today was the 18th (duh, 2 days after production started). That is when she informed me that information was not available.

I love a person that is OBVIOUSLY blowing you off to get you off the phone.

I was not pleased with GM today. Actually, that was a clean way of putting how I felt after the wasted call to GM Consumer Relations (or whatever the [email protected]## division she worked for).

Sorry for the *****ing but . . . I won't be calling them again. That should please her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-18-2009, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCDawsonJr View Post
I tried to do that today and was rather sternly told that because production only began on the 16th, that they were not able to provide any information. That was a synopsis . . . since she actually told me that they don't go into production until the 16th. I then had to point out to this rocket scientist that today was the 18th (duh, 2 days after production started). That is when she informed me that information was not available.

I was not pleased with GM today. Actually, that was a clean way of putting how I felt after the wasted call to GM Consumer Relations (or whatever the [email protected]## division she worked for).

Sorry for the *****ing but . . . I won't be calling them again. That should please her.
Not to try and take her side but im sure you was about the 1000th person to call her in her 8 hr shift of answering the phones. My Grandfather called 2 hrs after the start of production for my GMS discount and he told me they was nasty to him saying "wow you dont waste no time calling". I myself thought that was funny. I can feel for both sides of the fence. One side wants their cars now and the other side wants to keep everyone happy in a timely manner. If you remember about a yr ago GM wasn t even sure if anyone would buy these cars. I would have to say GM made the right choice...Let the delivering begin!!!!!!!!!

2010 Camaro LS
post #3 of 10 Old 03-19-2009, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCDawsonJr View Post

I called on Monday and Tueday. I was transfered to a woman who said that she talked with the production department and that my order was in the system but they could not give me a build date. She said to speak to my dealer, which I did and he could not give me any info either. I ordered at 11:00am on October 13th 2008. My neighbor who ordered a month after me claims that his dealer called him and gave him a build date of April 4th, 2009. I think that he is just trying to get a rise out of me though.

post #4 of 10 Old 03-19-2009, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hddan View Post
My neighbor who ordered a month after me claims that his dealer called him and gave him a build date of April 4th, 2009. I think that he is just trying to get a rise out of me though.
One thing to keep in mind is GM picks up orders by dealer. Meaning, maybe both you and your neighbor are first on the respective dealer lists, but your neighbors dealer for some reason may be given allotments earlier then yours. Maybe they are a bigger dealer or in better standing, or whatever.

My dealer only had an initial allotment of 6, and they have not yet had a single one picked up for production. I am sure Camaro Scotty & Eric @ Classic have had multiple orders picked up.

-Brad
post #5 of 10 Old 03-19-2009, 06:58 AM

I called on Monday also. The lady was very nice. She asked if I had talked with my dealer and I told her I had left 2 messages and and my calls hadn't been returned. She even called my dealer and checked production. I still don't know anything,But said the dealer would call me. This dealer already has one car in production.
post #6 of 10 Old 03-19-2009, 07:02 AM
Veteran Member

I wish they just had an online link for people who have ordered to check status.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.

Last edited by POWERFREAK; 03-19-2009 at 08:37 PM.
post #7 of 10 Old 03-19-2009, 08:47 AM

In the past I never had luck with the customer service. They would always tell me to contact the dealer for that information. I would imagine they really don't want 14000 Camaro customers bothering them for updates so I won't bother them. Just wish my dealer cared as much about my order as I do. They act like it's a bother to keep me updated. They tell me they will check stuff and call me but never do. When I show up they get on line at that time to check convincing me that that is the only time they ever check.

Funny story; When I was purchasing one of the first 1000 Solstices I called the Pontiac customer service and was told if I want information on the
Solstice that I should contact CHEVROLET. I asked her why would I contact Chevrolet about buying a Pontiac? She sounded very embarrassed and apologized.
post #8 of 10 Old 03-19-2009, 08:49 AM
Camaro Focus Group Member

just call your dealer

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
post #9 of 10 Old 03-19-2009, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetHawkSelena View Post
just call your dealer
But not every ten minutes...

post #10 of 10 Old 03-19-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
I wish they just had an online line for people who have ordered to check status.
I'll second that!

<3 Mine:2LT IOM CGM rally stripes sunroof <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page