So, the question is.... do I get one? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 03-19-2009, 07:28 AM Thread Starter

So, the question is.... do I get one?

Now 35 and married with two children and another on the way, my priorities sure have changed over the years. At my crazy teenage days I was the stereotypical guy, mullet and all (what the heck was I thinking) who liked the Camaro. I owned a 1979, it wasn’t in the best shape and thinking back it drove like a tank, but I sure was a proud. At the time I couldn’t wait to own the 1990 Camaro Iroc-Z.

Over the years I’d lost interest in the Camaro… and my hair (huge improvement from the mullet ). Honestly, I didn’t like the Camaro at all anymore, nor any of its competitors. Although the new design mustang in 04/05 wasn’t bad to look at. Even with the new Mustang I still didn’t have any thoughts of owning any sports car. I was quite happy driving my corollas, civics and the odd truck to haul the toys (4wheelers, boats, dirt bikes etc).

Then I saw the movie Transformers. I remember sitting on the couch with my 6 years old boy watching this and saying “Daddy will own one of these someday”. Did a few Google’s and at the time there really wasn’t any word if this was going to be a production car.

Well, couple years later and here it is…. a car with really sharp looks that I can afford. I’m not going to grow my mullet back (even if I could). Actually, this car doesn’t even remind me of the era days of mullets, tight jeans and a cigarette hanging from your mouth. This is something new with awesome looks in a new era.

May not be very smart, but I sure do want one.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 03-19-2009, 07:35 AM
Veteran Member

YES...get one!

If you can swing it money-wise and not put yourself into debt you can't afford, I say go for it. I'm looking forward to going cruising with my son in the back...if your son will get a kick outta it, I say it's worth it. It's a heck of a car. Even the V6 is a lot of car for the money (and is decent on gas too). Support the economy! (also the tax on it is tax-deductable...as part of the "economic stimulus package"). I should be a salesman.

But no, you don't need to grow back your mullet.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #3 of 16 Old 03-19-2009, 07:37 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Hello and welcome from Alabama..... This car will be awesome if you can get one get one

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.

post #4 of 16 Old 03-19-2009, 07:44 AM
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep

Garage
You can make it look like bumblebee and your son would most likely find that the coolest thing ever

June 2015 MOTM

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.
post #5 of 16 Old 03-19-2009, 07:48 AM
www.camaroscotty.com

Garage
Where have I read this post before.......OH YEA.... the "other" site....

http://www.camaroscotty.com
YAHOO IM:
CamaroScotty / FACEBOOK: Camaro Scotty
post #6 of 16 Old 03-19-2009, 07:58 AM Thread Starter

HEHEHE New to both sites.. not sure who reads which site.. I guess like me now.. I read both sites :-)
post #7 of 16 Old 03-19-2009, 07:59 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctibbo View Post
HEHEHE New to both sites.. not sure who reads which site.. I guess like me now.. I read both sites :-)

BTW...WELCOME!

oh, and this one is better.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #8 of 16 Old 03-19-2009, 08:02 AM
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
BTW...WELCOME!

oh, and this one is much better.

June 2015 MOTM

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.
post #9 of 16 Old 03-19-2009, 08:30 AM
5thGen Supporter ^_^

I'll tell you, if I was in your sons shoes, I would be overly happy if my dad brought home "Bumblebee". While your kids get older, if you get them into cars, they will definitely have a very high respect for that vehicle that would be in your driveway.

I could only imagine if I was that age and my father bought one, I would feel like the coolest kid in my school. Haha

Pontiac GTO IBM
Performance: SLP Catback | SW's LT Headers | New Era Intake | Billet Pro Series Shifter
Exterior: 06 Hood | 06 Brake Upgrade | 6000K HIDs | Full LED Conversion | 15% Tint | Overlays
Interior: A Few Things

post #10 of 16 Old 03-19-2009, 08:48 AM
Camaro Focus Group Member

we, too, loved the movie transformers so much that we ordered a Bumblebee Camaro!! i can't wait to drive around in that thing and have all the kids lookin'

you should get one too! Camaros are the most fun cars to drive!!

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page