ORDER QUESTION from a Newbie - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 Old 03-19-2009, 08:42 AM Thread Starter

ORDER QUESTION from a Newbie

Looking to order the LT with RS package. Iím completely okay with V6. My only concern is if I order today, will I see it before fall? If not, there really isnít much sense in placing an order. Of course they canít tell me one way or the other, but can anyone give my some insight to this. The dealer has only placed one order (V8 with all the bells) few months ago. They tell me they can order me one of courseÖÖ but it's the timing they have no clue about? I know there a lot of chatter about this Ö any thought?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 03-19-2009, 08:54 AM
Camaro Focus Group Member

well, all dealers will be getting V6 cars on their lots by May... unfortunately, i've heard dealers will have no control over what they get (color/package/option wise) maybe you'll get lucky and your dealer will end up getting the car you are looking for. otherwise, go ahead and order whatcha want. they say they aren't promising any cars before september or something right now, but at the rate they are building them... i'd be willing to bet that everyone will see their cars sooner than they expected.

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
post #3 of 27 Old 03-19-2009, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

They didn't mention getting any on the lot by May? As mentioned, they haven't ordered any others? hmmmm Maybe I'll call again.

post #4 of 27 Old 03-19-2009, 09:02 AM

To make sure you get it by September 09, make sure you order from a dealer who still has some available from their initial allocation that GM gave them. Most dealers have sold all theirs.

But I also agree with Salena, GM is going to work real hard to get these out there quickly...

-Brad
post #5 of 27 Old 03-19-2009, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctibbo View Post
Looking to order the LT with RS package. Iím completely okay with V6. My only concern is if I order today, will I see it before fall? If not, there really isnít much sense in placing an order. Of course they canít tell me one way or the other, but can anyone give my some insight to this. The dealer has only placed one order (V8 with all the bells) few months ago. They tell me they can order me one of courseÖÖ but it's the timing they have no clue about? I know there a lot of chatter about this Ö any thought?
Thanks
Where are you located?

RJT 2SS/RS roared to life March 16th, 2009
VIN 2G1FT1EW6A9100074
ARRIVED 5/13 day 58 Safely at home-> 5/19

"A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away." - Barry Goldwater
post #6 of 27 Old 03-19-2009, 09:04 AM

Also, the v-6 constraint has been lifted. That should help.
post #7 of 27 Old 03-19-2009, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

What was this v-6 constraint that many are talking about? They were not building any at one point?
post #8 of 27 Old 03-19-2009, 09:12 AM

The V-6 contraint was there because there were more V-8's sold than were expected, so they wanted to get the ball rolling by only producting V-8's at the onset. (at least that is the way I understand it)
post #9 of 27 Old 03-19-2009, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Joe View Post
The V-6 contraint was there because there were more V-8's sold than were expected, so they wanted to get the ball rolling by only producting V-8's at the onset. (at least that is the way I understand it)
Kind of correct. The V6 constraint was mainly so they could produce all the "non-allocation" V6s each dealer is getting (one each) for the May 6th "Unveiling Event" across the country.

RJT 2SS/RS roared to life March 16th, 2009
VIN 2G1FT1EW6A9100074
ARRIVED 5/13 day 58 Safely at home-> 5/19

"A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away." - Barry Goldwater
post #10 of 27 Old 03-19-2009, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Joe View Post
My guess interpretation...

It has been stated that production is set to be 50/50 v6 vs v8 (I don't know if this is office, just what I have heard). Initially, the v6's they were making are for the dealer show cars for the may 6th launch. It has come off restraint now because those dealer cars have probably already been slotted for production, so going forward, they can start to work on pre-sold v6's.

Since the pre-sold was something like 90% v8, it is rumored that if you order a v6, you may get it sooner.

-Brad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page