IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS ON YOUR ORDER READ!!! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 03-19-2009, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS ON YOUR ORDER READ!!!

I went to my dealer on 12FEB09 and pre ordered my 2010 Camaro. I never recieved an order number and knew nothing about it until I joined this website and was seeing how alot of people had their order number. I called my dealer a few times a week later asking them for my order number. They informed me that I wouldn t get that until a week before they start building my car. So I took them at their word. Well I asked scotty camaro and a few other people about this and they advised me to go to the dealer. Today I took a trip to the dealer and went straight to the man in charge and asked him what the deal was. His response was "wait you never recieved an order number you should of gotten that before you left my lot" I WENT NUCLEAR. Alot of yelling and screaming went on between me the dealer and the salesperson, alot of name calling done by my part to the sales person that I wont mention on here. Bottom line was what happened the salesperson never submitted my order into the system and they claimed I fell through the cracks. My guess was that half these sales people have no friggin Idea what they are doing or talking about so if your dealing with one that is not giving you the answers that give you the warm and fuzzy I would advise you going straight to the top. Im not saying all sales people are bad but im saying this one I was dealing with was a moron. Anyway after going Nuclear on them before I walked out of the dealer I had his slot which was 4 ahead of mine and a free car cover. Im not all excited about the car cover but I am excited I moved up 4 positions in the pecking order of my dealership and I now have my customer print out of my order. Im going to leave the dealers name out of this because they did make what they did wrong right. Im not sure it was because I had them backed into a corner or that it was an honest mistake who knows. I can now sleep sound at night.

I want to personally thank all the members on here that helped me out with my situation and gave me the knowledge that I know now. THANK YOU

2010 Camaro LS

Last edited by GM_will_Never_Die; 03-20-2009 at 12:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-19-2009, 02:14 PM

Excellent resolution!
post #3 of 9 Old 03-19-2009, 02:15 PM
Veteran Member

Wow.....it sucks you had to find out the way you did, but the good thing is you did! Thanks for the kudos and the heads up. 5GO is the best site on the net and will continue to grow with peeps like you who share their experiences so others can learn.

post #4 of 9 Old 03-19-2009, 02:52 PM

if you dont want the free car cover you can send it to me lmao just kidding man he he he, its good you got it worked out

1100: 2/23/09
2000: 8/7/09 (finally)
3000: 8/11/09 (TPW 9/14)
3300: 9/2/09
3400: 9/14/09
3800: 9/22/09 vin 48156 has been born
post #5 of 9 Old 03-19-2009, 02:53 PM
www.camaroscotty.com

Garage

http://www.camaroscotty.com
YAHOO IM:
CamaroScotty / FACEBOOK: Camaro Scotty
post #6 of 9 Old 03-19-2009, 11:26 PM

"Im not saying all sales people are bad but im saying this one I was dealing with was a morone."

Not for nothing but you spelled "moron" wrong.....
post #7 of 9 Old 03-19-2009, 11:29 PM
Camaro Focus Group Member

Sorry to hear about your trouble with your order.
We learned when ordering our '99 SS convertible Camaro, NEVER talk to the sales dudes working the floor. Go straight to the person who orders the cars. They're usually the ones who know what's going on, and they'll still be the one working there when the car gets delivered. Very few salesmen have the knowledge of our good guys on the forum (Eric, Scotty, etc.)

How the Disciples help Chevrolet and Being a Camaro Disciple

http://modernclassicsauto.com
'68 Chevelle Malibu Coupe; '67 Chevelle Wagon; '99 Convertible Camaro SS #0069; '02 Z06; '05 Silverado Crew Cab 4x4
post #8 of 9 Old 03-20-2009, 12:48 AM Thread Starter

Sorry Obrien i was a little heated to worry about my typos but just for you i will fix it

2010 Camaro LS
post #9 of 9 Old 03-24-2009, 06:47 AM

Salespeople are not moron's. They are Salespeople. They just don't care. It's a job to most. I always find the Salesperson at the dealership that is a car person, you get better responses from them, because they care! Whenever you buy a car, if you're not comfortable with the person your "assigned" find someone else that you like. These people work for you, make them jump through some hoops now and then. A car is the 2nd largest purchase your ever going to make.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page