2010 Camaro Image needed!! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 03-19-2009, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4
 
2010 Camaro Image needed!!

I am looking for a vector file of a 2010 Camaro.
I need to be able to put it on a 10'x5' banner we are having made.

Please, if anyone has one or can source one for me that would be great!

I dont check the forums much, shoot me an email if you have one.

ATEspo (at) gmail.com
Espo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 Old 03-19-2009, 04:35 PM
Veteran Member
 
Jonz5GEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lyndhurst, NJ
Posts: 4,109
 
Um.....can't help you with the vector file (whatever that is) but I 'd like to say 'Welcome to the site'.


Any more info we should know about......like who are you and what are you making a banner for?

Jonz5GEN is offline  
post #3 of 10 Old 03-19-2009, 04:42 PM
Veteran Member
 
el ess X's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Aiken, SC
Posts: 3,055
  
You don't check the forums much? Shame! This is where it's at for 5th gen news!!!

2010 2SS/RS Auto, Sunroof, Engine Cover. Transformer Edition package.
2013 ZL1 ragtop #5478. 1 of 54 CRT M6 'verts.
el ess X is offline  
 
post #4 of 10 Old 03-19-2009, 05:30 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 33
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espo View Post
I am looking for a vector file of a 2010 Camaro.
I need to be able to put it on a 10'x5' banner we are having made.

Please, if anyone has one or can source one for me that would be great!

I dont check the forums much, shoot me an email if you have one.

ATEspo (at) gmail.com
This is a printer that is stuck.
cyberbro is offline  
post #5 of 10 Old 03-19-2009, 05:31 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,607
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonz5GEN View Post
Um.....can't help you with the vector file (whatever that is) but I 'd like to say 'Welcome to the site'.


Any more info we should know about......like who are you and what are you making a banner for?
^^^ Rather than a raster or bitmap that is composed of lots of little dots, a vector image is geometrically-oriented, being composed of a sequence of unambiguously defined lines, arcs, etc. A CAD file (like from AutoCAD, for instance) would be an example of a vector image. An old HP printer language file is another example, having been developed to drive pen-plotters (which, naturally, draw lines & arcs rather than lots of little dots.)

The OP wants one because "resolution" isn't an issue and you can blow them up to any size you want. Seems kind of odd that he would make such an unusual request and then say "Oh! BTW, you'll need to deliver it to me, too" but maybe that's just me!
gto_in_nc is offline  
post #6 of 10 Old 03-19-2009, 05:33 PM
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
 
OceanChevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ocean City NJ
Posts: 4,638
  
Garage
Just joined and hes already making commands

June 2015 MOTM



"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.
OceanChevy is offline  
post #7 of 10 Old 03-19-2009, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4
 
My family owns a chevy dealership (at which I am currently employed) here in Pittsburgh PA and we are advertising our 2010 Camaro's at a few local events (one this weekend), and I am making some banners and flyers.

Thank you for explaining a vector file. I can make one with an image I already have of a Camaro, but I do not have time and the equipment to do so before this weekend. I doubt I will find a vector file, so I am going to see what I can do about a silhouette style image that I can just generate in CS3.

Last edited by Jonz5GEN; 03-19-2009 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Unneccessary comments....
Espo is offline  
post #8 of 10 Old 03-19-2009, 05:57 PM
Veteran Member
 
weland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: S.F. Bay Area
Posts: 3,900
  
Quote:
Originally Posted by gto_in_nc View Post
^^^ Rather than a raster or bitmap that is composed of lots of little dots, a vector image is geometrically-oriented, being composed of a sequence of unambiguously defined lines, arcs, etc. A CAD file (like from AutoCAD, for instance) would be an example of a vector image. An old HP printer language file is another example, having been developed to drive pen-plotters (which, naturally, draw lines & arcs rather than lots of little dots.)

The OP wants one because "resolution" isn't an issue and you can blow them up to any size you want. Seems kind of odd that he would make such an unusual request and then say "Oh! BTW, you'll need to deliver it to me, too" but maybe that's just me!
Use the Genuine Fractals photoshop plugin to convert the image to STN format then you can scale up quite a bit with very little loss of detail.
weland is offline  
post #9 of 10 Old 03-19-2009, 06:20 PM
Veteran Member
 
Jonz5GEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lyndhurst, NJ
Posts: 4,109
 
Thanks for the 'vector file' explanation, Brian.

Espo, I now remember you were selling your allocation from your Uncle's dealership that you could no longer purchase......you were never 'banned' as you are still using the same IP address and username. I removed your original thread as it was against forum rules regarding dealer sponsorship. (BTW, I edited your comment about being banned....not true.)

Good luck with the special promotion at your uncle's dealership this weekend.

Jonz5GEN is offline  
post #10 of 10 Old 03-19-2009, 08:36 PM
MODERATOR
 
54inches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Dirty Bay, Texas
Posts: 8,984
  
Quote:
Originally Posted by weland View Post
Use the Genuine Fractals photoshop plugin to convert the image to STN format then you can scale up quite a bit with very little loss of detail.
****, why didn't I think of that!

2005 CTSV BLACK LS7 Clutch/Flywheel/Slave, Tick Speed Bleeder, Tilton Clutch MC, RevShift Bushings, Domestic V8 Solutions (shifter, 8.8 Diff conversion, srut tower braces, sub-frame connectors), SLP cats, no cags, xpipe, bullet mufflers, Volante, iPod dock, G-force tune; 379hp 381tq.

Killing 5th gens like it is my job.
54inches is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome