Anyone know about GMS discount - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 03-19-2009, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Anyone know about GMS discount

My dealer informed me today that GM is not honoring the discount is this in fact true or not because if you have read my thread from earlier im not too trusting on my dealer these days. My grand father has already called GM and got my AUTH number for the discount. The dealer tells me this still doesn t mean I will get this for the Camaro. How True Is this??

2010 Camaro LS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-19-2009, 06:10 PM
Veteran Member

It's up to the dealer...they don't have to honor it. Mine isn't either.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #3 of 7 Old 03-19-2009, 06:15 PM

When GM released their pricing guidelines in October 2008, GMS pricing was listed. Since then there has been nothing written to confirm that it would be available, but the general consensus was that it WOULD be available. Now, it is up to the dealer to HONOR GMS pricing and I have a verbal agreement from my dealer to do so.

Eric @ Classic and Camaro Scotty have been checking VIN numbers in their 'VIS' (whatever that is) to see if GMS incentives come up, so far they have not. I am trying very hard to wait very patiently for the answer. The day it becomes confirmed, I'm changing my order to a 2SS/RS...

-Brad

post #4 of 7 Old 03-19-2009, 06:17 PM

...one more thing, if it is not a deal breaker for you, just get them to say "If GMS pricing is available, will you honor it." Then if it is, and you will know if you stay around this board, then you will know it and you will get it.

-Brad
post #5 of 7 Old 03-19-2009, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

Yeah the dealer told me today he wasn t honoring it but since they dropped the ball on my order and he gave me his spot he would honor it for me as long as GM lets him which i will get in writing

2010 Camaro LS

Last edited by GM_will_Never_Die; 03-19-2009 at 07:17 PM.
post #6 of 7 Old 03-19-2009, 07:38 PM
Veteran Member

Get it in writing. This car is NOT going to be a limited edition, although at first it will be, sorta, because of allocations.

I don't NEED to buy a Camaro right now. But dealers NEED to sell cars. Saturation levels will win out eventually. GMS will become available at some point. Trust me. New car models usually don't see it, neither does the 'vette. Eventually they'll come a knockin.

The dealer who can get flow through builds would be further ahead to honor it because let's say I could save 4K on a GMS price. I'd buy a plane ticket for $500, drive it home, and probably still save over 3000 for the SAME EXACT CAR! (oh, and the dealer STILL makes a profit, although they'll poor mouth you otherwise)

Depends on how lazy you are in order to get what you want.

2010 2SS/RS Auto, Sunroof, Engine Cover. Transformer Edition package.
2013 ZL1 ragtop #5478. 1 of 54 CRT M6 'verts.
post #7 of 7 Old 03-19-2009, 09:56 PM

because of the issue of the car being a hot item I went on to the site to see if I can get the supplier discount with the one I pre-ordered and they DO have the concept camaro listed as a car to get an authorization code for even though it isn't a car listed to get prices for it. So at least GM is saying it is one to get a discount on
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page