Disappointments sets in – I’M OUT - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 03-20-2009, 09:12 AM Thread Starter

Disappointments sets in – I’M OUT

I got a call today from my local Chev dealer. (Nova Scotia, Canada) He’s tells me that if I order the car today that I most likely wouldn’t see the car until September sometime. I won’t be ordering a Camaro if that’s the case. There have been many posts on here about the correct questions to ask. Do I give up my quest and move on? Is there any hope? Disappointment setting in….
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 03-20-2009, 09:15 AM
Camaro Focus Group Member

there is hope! don't give up. they are churning out cars fast... there are rumors they're going to start working saturdays... i seriously think that people are going to get their cars earlier than they expected. now, that is just my opinion... but i'd be willing to bet that everyone who orders will get their cars before the end of summer.

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
post #3 of 15 Old 03-20-2009, 09:18 AM
Veteran Member

no, don't give up. Sept seems right, unfortunately. Maybe just wait and order one this winter, so you'll have it for next spring...or look for a dealer demo car or hope that someone cancels their order. Don't give up...you'll wish you hadn't.

I think you need to watch this video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6wRkzCW5qI

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.

post #4 of 15 Old 03-20-2009, 09:20 AM

I think even for those that ordered on 10/13 that they said they hoped for September. My personal guess is that it's a lot better for them to set the expectation later and deliver earlier than it is to set too high an expectation and miss. And if you've waited this long to order September doesn't sound too bad to me.

Chris
post #5 of 15 Old 03-20-2009, 09:20 AM Thread Starter

I can't fork out the monday to enjoy "next" summer driving. I can wait 3 months, but If I'm buying one I want to be driving in July and August. I really should have been on the ball on this many months ago.. I'm a dumb ass

Last edited by ctibbo; 03-20-2009 at 09:23 AM.
post #6 of 15 Old 03-20-2009, 09:39 AM

I felt I sat on the fence too long too. Didn't order until mid January.

But...I did the math, it it doesn't seem too bad for all the orders...here is what I came up with (and all these numbers are just my guesses)

Capacity is approx 400 to 450 camaros a day. They will be ramping up to that level. But they are also making one show car for every dealer for a special “launch” day on May 6th A high estimate would be 4,500 dealers. So here is how I see it…

1st week, 200/day = 1,000
2nd week, 250/day = 1,250
3rd week, 300/day = 1,500
4th week, 350/day = 1,750
5th week, 400/day = 2,000

So by April 17th, they will have produced 7,500. Take out the dealer cars and we are talking 3,000 So then we continue at 400 per day (2,000 per week)…

6th week total = 5,000
7th week total = 7,000
8th week total = 9,000
9th week total = 11,000
10th week total = 13,000
11th week total = 15,000

That covers all the pre-orders...built by the end of May.

The part I don't get...and maybe CAMARO SCOTTY or ERIC () can help us is that number is almost all the initial allocation for every dealer in the country...that was meant to run through September...what happens then? Will the give you a new 'special' allocation?

How do you guys like me math...am I way off base?

-Brad

(OOPS, JUST NOTICED my math doesn't account for a 50/50 split V6 versus V8, if the line IS split 50/50 then with pre-sold being 90% V8, that could slow things down by maybe a month...?)
post #7 of 15 Old 03-20-2009, 10:16 AM

I totally know how you feel....I have asked a ton of questions here and to dealers and can't get anything firm which just seems weird. I still don't understand why my dealer can't even put my order "IN". The allocation thing has been touched on with some other threads but still not firmed up. I guess also it seems confusing that one dealership may be able to get 4 cars and another can get 14....when they could just put in an order when they get it and keep moving. Also- I've never ordered a car and never bought a "Brand new" car, so this is all brand spankin' new.

*ROBIN*
Visit Robin Cook Photography
post #8 of 15 Old 03-20-2009, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

I spoke with dealer with respect to V6 orders vs V8 orders and would that factor in anything.(He didn’t think so) I want a LT1 RS package, is this bad or good thing for delivery knowing that 80-90%. It’s truly a guessing game on how or if I would get the car for the summer months. I found a couple of dealers that haven’t presold there allotments. However they’re not sure if they change the order to what I want will help with deliver time?
post #9 of 15 Old 03-20-2009, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPhotography View Post
I totally know how you feel....I have asked a ton of questions here and to dealers and can't get anything firm which just seems weird. I still don't understand why my dealer can't even put my order "IN". The allocation thing has been touched on with some other threads but still not firmed up. I guess also it seems confusing that one dealership may be able to get 4 cars and another can get 14....when they could just put in an order when they get it and keep moving. Also- I've never ordered a car and never bought a "Brand new" car, so this is all brand spankin' new.
I was told they can order 10 if they want but what does that really mean and does it actually get placed in proctuction line order I'm not sure.
post #10 of 15 Old 03-20-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctibbo View Post
I spoke with dealer with respect to V6 orders vs V8 orders and would that factor in anything.(He didn’t think so) I want a LT1 RS package, is this bad or good thing for delivery knowing that 80-90%. It’s truly a guessing game on how or if I would get the car for the summer months. I found a couple of dealers that haven’t presold there allotments. However they’re not sure if they change the order to what I want will help with deliver time?
Ordering a V6, "IN THEORY" would be a good thing at this point because they could put a Constraint on the V8 if they need to even out the production some. It was one of the things I was hoping for with my V6 order and I am now hoping against since I am looking to switch to a 2SS.

It comes down to if the plant is truly split for a 50/50 mix then that would mean the most V8's they can put out a day would be 225 or so.

My gut tells me it is not a true 50/50 split. It may be designed that way, but it can be adjusted to put out mostly V8's.

YOU CAN ALWAYS ORDER...make sure any deposit is refundable and then if July comes around and you still don't have a slot for production, you can cancel.

-Brad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page