About to order some last ?s - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 03-24-2009, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
mucker15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Levittown LI
Posts: 1,782
 
About to order some last ?s

I am going to most likely be ordering this Saturday. I just have a few questions ,
1. he said nine month wait, is that likely or will it be a bit sooner ie. sales covering his but or reality
2. does this guarantee me my SS or can I get jerked
3. what do I look out for and what should I ask the dealer for so I dont get jerked , what ?s do I ask
4. is ordering now my best bet or should I wait till they are on the lots which will be faster?


sorry if these are old ?s or silly even I just want to get as much info as I can its a big deal for me to get this cat I have been salivating over it since the clay model pics were leaked. When I was able to buy a new Camaro there wasnt one now there is and its like a dream come true , I never thought it would happen. So I want to make sure I do it right thanks

mucker15 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old 03-24-2009, 09:30 AM
Veteran Member
 
POWERFREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 7,873
  
If you place an order...you will (or at least in theory) get exactly what you want. If you take a chance to find one on a lot, you might have a hard time finding an SS for a while. I'm thinking most of them will be V6's.

When you order, I would just say...know exactly what you want. Get a printing out directly from the GM order workbench (that will have your order # on it). AND have them put in writing that your deposit is refundable and you will not pay over MSRP.

Good luck.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
POWERFREAK is offline  
post #3 of 8 Old 03-24-2009, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
mucker15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Levittown LI
Posts: 1,782
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
If you place an order...you will (or at least in theory) get exactly what you want. If you take a chance to find one on a lot, you might have a hard time finding an SS for a while. I'm thinking most of them will be V6's.

When you order, I would just say...know exactly what you want. Get a printing out directly from the GM order workbench (that will have your order # on it). AND have them put in writing that your deposit is refundable and you will not pay over MSRP.

Good luck.
will do thanks bro, you ever come down to belmont for the car shows or is that too far

mucker15 is offline  
 
post #4 of 8 Old 03-24-2009, 09:36 AM
www.camaroscotty.com
 
Camaro Scotty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: www.heiserchevroletcadillac.com
Posts: 5,298
  
Garage
There's already JERK stories surfacing....Brokers coming in to dealerships offering $6000 over sticker to take your cars away, and ship them to states selling them for 10k+ over...

Trust the person you work with REALLY GOOD....( or use a 5thGen Site sponsor)

Order an get what you want.

http://www.camaroscotty.com
YAHOO IM:
CamaroScotty / FACEBOOK: Camaro Scotty
Camaro Scotty is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old 03-24-2009, 09:39 AM
Veteran Member
 
POWERFREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 7,873
  
Quote:
Originally Posted by mucker15 View Post
will do thanks bro, you ever come down to belmont for the car shows or is that too far
I have a client in East Rockaway...so I'm out that way a bit in the summer. But not too much otherwise. We'll have to get an area meet going once everyone get's their cars.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
POWERFREAK is offline  
post #6 of 8 Old 03-24-2009, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
mucker15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Levittown LI
Posts: 1,782
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Scotty View Post
There's already JERK stories surfacing....Brokers coming in to dealerships offering $6000 over sticker to take your cars away, and ship them to states selling them for 10k+ over...

Trust the person you work with REALLY GOOD....( or use a 5thGen Site sponsor)

Order an get what you want.
are there any site sponsors in Long Island NY ? Jerks set back our hobby !
I know exactly what Im getting 1SS Auto BAC audio black white skunk stripes and a sunroof I cant wait I wish it wasnt 9 months

mucker15 is offline  
post #7 of 8 Old 03-24-2009, 09:55 AM
www.camaroscotty.com
 
Camaro Scotty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: www.heiserchevroletcadillac.com
Posts: 5,298
  
Garage
Call:

Ron Ignelzi
MacMulkin Chevrolet
Nashua, NH 03060
603-888-1121

Not N.Y. - but you won't get jerked around...they have a proven track record worthy of the distance. If that don't work out, I could order and drop ship to t local dealer near you.

Tell him Camaro Scotty sent ya!

http://www.camaroscotty.com
YAHOO IM:
CamaroScotty / FACEBOOK: Camaro Scotty
Camaro Scotty is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old 03-24-2009, 01:23 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 470
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Scotty View Post
Call:

Ron Ignelzi
MacMulkin Chevrolet
Nashua, NH 03060
603-888-1121

Not N.Y. - but you won't get jerked around...they have a proven track record worthy of the distance. If that don't work out, I could order and drop ship to t local dealer near you.

Tell him Camaro Scotty sent ya!
bgrorud is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome