How do you finance a car you wont have for 9 months - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 03-24-2009, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
mucker15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Levittown LI
Posts: 1,782
 
How do you finance a car you wont have for 9 months

Im jsut curious how it works with financing if you arent getting the car for 9 months , do the financiers hold the rate and loan for you or do you just get it when the car comes in ? any inside baseball info will be a big help wink wink camaro scotty,,,thanks as always looks like Friday is my big day

mucker15 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 Old 03-24-2009, 08:25 PM
Veteran Member
 
POWERFREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 7,873
  
Financing get's done when the car is in...no need to worry about that now.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
POWERFREAK is offline  
post #3 of 13 Old 03-24-2009, 08:40 PM
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
 
OceanChevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ocean City NJ
Posts: 4,638
  
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mucker15 View Post
Im jsut curious how it works with financing if you arent getting the car for 9 months , do the financiers hold the rate and loan for you or do you just get it when the car comes in ? any inside baseball info will be a big help wink wink camaro scotty,,,thanks as always looks like Friday is my big day
dont forget classic chevrolet

June 2015 MOTM



"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.
OceanChevy is offline  
 
post #4 of 13 Old 03-24-2009, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
mucker15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Levittown LI
Posts: 1,782
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanChevy View Post
dont forget classic chevrolet
wheres classic

mucker15 is offline  
post #5 of 13 Old 03-24-2009, 08:50 PM
Veteran Member
 
POWERFREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 7,873
  
Quote:
Originally Posted by mucker15 View Post
wheres classic
Texas

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
POWERFREAK is offline  
post #6 of 13 Old 03-24-2009, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
mucker15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Levittown LI
Posts: 1,782
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
Texas
just a little bit off the beaten path for me , so far it looks like robert chevy is getting my order, how soon can I expect to get any corespondence after I order ie, mail welcome packet,production date ?

mucker15 is offline  
post #7 of 13 Old 03-24-2009, 09:01 PM
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
 
OceanChevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ocean City NJ
Posts: 4,638
  
Garage
i only have about 7 grand saved up for my camaro... It will probably be a year before i get my camaro depending how things go

June 2015 MOTM



"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.
OceanChevy is offline  
post #8 of 13 Old 03-24-2009, 09:25 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 470
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mucker15 View Post
just a little bit off the beaten path for me , so far it looks like robert chevy is getting my order, how soon can I expect to get any corespondence after I order ie, mail welcome packet,production date ?
The Welcome packet was only for pre-orders, not heard if they are doing anything for new orders (post March 16th)...sorry. (they may be, but we haven't heard of anything). My other cars I have ordered in the past (not pre-ordered) I did not receive anything.

Can you get 'Pre-financed' by a local Credit Union or something? Basically tell them you want to buy a 35k car with XXX down, will you get approved?

-Brad
bgrorud is offline  
post #9 of 13 Old 03-25-2009, 04:23 AM
Member
 
Sean_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 349
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrorud View Post
The Welcome packet was only for pre-orders, not heard if they are doing anything for new orders (post March 16th)...sorry. (they may be, but we haven't heard of anything). My other cars I have ordered in the past (not pre-ordered) I did not receive anything.

Can you get 'Pre-financed' by a local Credit Union or something? Basically tell them you want to buy a 35k car with XXX down, will you get approved?

-Brad
They can see where you qualify, but the loan will only be good for 30-60 days after that. He will have to re-apply at the time of the arrival of the car.

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ~ Inferno Orange ~ Cyber Grey Stripes ~ Polished wheels

My Homepage
http://titanic-model.com
Sean_W is offline  
post #10 of 13 Old 03-25-2009, 05:40 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
mucker15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Levittown LI
Posts: 1,782
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrorud View Post
The Welcome packet was only for pre-orders, not heard if they are doing anything for new orders (post March 16th)...sorry. (they may be, but we haven't heard of anything). My other cars I have ordered in the past (not pre-ordered) I did not receive anything.

Can you get 'Pre-financed' by a local Credit Union or something? Basically tell them you want to buy a 35k car with XXX down, will you get approved?

-Brad
I have great credit so I should be good to go

mucker15 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome