Any Shipped Yet!! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 Old 03-26-2009, 07:49 AM Thread Starter

Smile Any Shipped Yet!!

Has anyone's car moved to order status 4200. (Shipped)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 Old 03-26-2009, 08:28 AM
THE FBODFATHER

Not yet!

We will ship no Camaro before its time!

Quality is our number one concern!

(...but you can imagine what the environment must be like in the yard at Oshawa -- all of that 'muscle' just straining to get out........)
post #3 of 38 Old 03-26-2009, 08:42 AM
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep

Garage
If heaven could not handle all the noise i definitly dont think the oshawa plant would be able to

June 2015 MOTM

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.

post #4 of 38 Old 03-26-2009, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbodfather View Post
Not yet!

We will ship no Camaro before its time!

Quality is our number one concern!

(...but you can imagine what the environment must be like in the yard at Oshawa -- all of that 'muscle' just straining to get out........)
LMAO! I love it!!!

Fbodfather, I know you've heard it before but allow me to reiterate -- it is fabulous to have you take time to frequent the web forums (especially this one!) to enlighten, explain, entertain and assuage fears & concerns as you do. Thank you.

Last edited by gto_in_nc; 03-26-2009 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Al Gore threw an extra "s" in there as it was crossing his Internet -- or something.
post #5 of 38 Old 03-26-2009, 10:09 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gto_in_nc View Post
LMAO! I love it!!!

Fbodfather, I know you've heard it before but allow me to reiterate -- it is fabulous to have you take time to frequent the web forums (especially this one!) to enlighten, explain, entertain and assuage fears & concerns as you do. Thanks you.

X2
post #6 of 38 Old 03-26-2009, 10:25 AM

Bad News....Kind of?

I was just shown a memo that came from GM to the dealer I have my car ordered from (2SS) that says the SS orders have been pushed back until they get the cars for the dealer release on May 6th built. It says to expect the SS orders to ship in early May for the cars that were ordered early, (October/November).
This was about what I had planned so not too upset but was told a few weeks ago that I may have my car in April. Now looks like middle to end of May.
post #7 of 38 Old 03-26-2009, 12:27 PM
Camaro Focus Group Member

^ well, i hadn't heard that.

mine has not shipped yet either. but i'm kinda glad. i'm scheduled to have wisdom teeth taken out next week and i don't wanna have to drive to dallas all doped up

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
post #8 of 38 Old 03-26-2009, 12:52 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969 LSZ View Post
I was just shown a memo that came from GM to the dealer I have my car ordered from (2SS) that says the SS orders have been pushed back until they get the cars for the dealer release on May 6th built. It says to expect the SS orders to ship in early May for the cars that were ordered early, (October/November).
This was about what I had planned so not too upset but was told a few weeks ago that I may have my car in April. Now looks like middle to end of May.
Wow...the "Camaro VIN" spreadsheet a forum member put together shows at least 300 SSs (1SS and 2SS) of some 1,000 VINS have been produced in the last, what, 10 days of Production. Are those just to sit in Oshawa until early May?

I suppose if those who ordered the ones already completed (SSs and non), as well as those to be produced between now and the end of April (5 weeks from today) can wait until mid-May to take delivery without getting upset, that is better than being asked to wait until June 24th (release date for Transformers 2)...

Maybe it is just me, but it feels like a "Marketing" (timing) thing, rather than a "let's get these babies into our customer's hands ASAP" thing...I have been so excited to get a TPW and a VIN (has not happened yet, was at Event Code 3300 last Friday), but now I feel more like "why bother getting all excited in March / April"? Can anyone sense my anxiety?
post #9 of 38 Old 03-26-2009, 12:56 PM
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetHawkSelena View Post
^ well, i hadn't heard that.

mine has not shipped yet either. but i'm kinda glad. i'm scheduled to have wisdom teeth taken out next week and i don't wanna have to drive to dallas all doped up
Good luck with that... mine have not been taken out yet i am the only one in my immediate family that still has wisdom teeth

June 2015 MOTM

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.
post #10 of 38 Old 03-26-2009, 01:00 PM

dont feel bad, i didnt order til mid february i wont see mine till august at the earliest, now...do you sense my anxiety LMAO

1100: 2/23/09
2000: 8/7/09 (finally)
3000: 8/11/09 (TPW 9/14)
3300: 9/2/09
3400: 9/14/09
3800: 9/22/09 vin 48156 has been born
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page