Anyone else tired of the GM/Bailout news coverage? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 03-30-2009, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

Anyone else tired of the GM/Bailout news coverage?

Just curious in a non-political sort of way...

All major news channels are sporting the same "doom and gloom" GM non scence... Would just like to hear something positive for once.

Thanks Rick for your years of service and doing what you had to do when needed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-30-2009, 07:46 PM

The media goes with grabber titles. This is the current flavor for them. Although I will say it is a very big deal for the country overall. There are thousands of American jobs on the line here. At the very least if they do go bankrupt American jobs may stay but their pay will be cut with the unions being cut off at the knees.

Its one of our Big 3 that has been an American Icon. Nobody including Ford wants to see GM fail Iím sure thing will work out in the end. I'd love to see Chevy, Ford, and Chrysler be the pride of America again but that takes Americans to actually buy American as well. Thatís why I wont bash Mustangs, Challengers, or any other American car. Peopleís opinion on looks will always very but people should be building these cars up in America instead of tearing into them while companies over seas pass us by while we have our heads in the dirt.
post #3 of 8 Old 03-30-2009, 07:51 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profiler View Post
The media goes with grabber titles. This is the current flavor for them. Although I will say it is a very big deal for the country overall. There are thousands of American jobs on the line here. At the very least if they do go bankrupt American jobs may stay but their pay will be cut with the unions being cut off at the knees.

Its one of our Big 3 that has been an American Icon. Nobody including Ford wants to see GM fail Iím sure thing will work out in the end. I'd love to see Chevy, Ford, and Chrysler be the pride of America again but that takes Americans to actually buy American as well. Thatís why I wont bash Mustangs, Challengers, or any other American car. Peopleís opinion on looks will always very but people should be building these cars up in America instead of tearing into them while companies over seas pass us by while we have our heads in the dirt.
Good point I only rip on the stangs in jest dont ever want to see them go away just in my rear view, the Camaro and the Mustang need each other, I only buy America products when possible. I just hope they pull it out

post #4 of 8 Old 03-30-2009, 07:55 PM

As much as I think all of the current talk is just everyone posturing for the best position they can get, I can still tell you honestly that if my GM stock gets wiped out by a bankruptcy, I will never buy another GM car.
I've been a loyal customer my whole life, but I'm very disappointed that they appear to think time is on their side.

I hope they get done what they need to to survive this.
post #5 of 8 Old 03-31-2009, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswz28 View Post

All major news channels are sporting the same "doom and gloom" GM non scence... Would just like to hear something positive for once.

So why are the news channels endlessly repeating this doom and gloom? Seriously, why not more coverage of Wall Street, the Wars or Celebritiy gossip? I doubt there isn't a well thought out plan behind what they broadcast as news but I'll be ****ed if I know what their motive is. I suspect they want us really worried about our jobs or the economy overall for some particular goal, whatever it is, I bet its going to be big. I have read rumors the Fed's intend to Nationalize the banking system sometime between now and September. Time will tell.

D.R.
post #6 of 8 Old 03-31-2009, 08:32 AM
Veteran Member

honestly, i just can't believe people watch the **** and believe it... banks not lending money are the whole reason we're in this mess, AIG and whoever else is up there are just getting thrown money, toyota just went to japan for a bailout, i'm sure the other automakers aren't far behind either... i'm praying that the idiot media shuts its mouth long enough for people to start buying again, they pretty much singlehandedly ended the biggest gains in 6 months by reporting that obama was going to kill GM.. not just for GM either, the stocks dropped all the way across the board... tell them to stfu for a couple weeks and lets see what happens.

post #7 of 8 Old 03-31-2009, 11:05 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

You bet. I got this from my Mustang-lovin' friend yesterday after Obama's press conference.
Quote:
Dude, they are going to be out of business.

Regards,
I know he's teasing but a lot of Americans are easily spooked by the negative press. I should add that it isn't all "chicken little" to be at least a little concerned about GMs future right now.

Last edited by weland; 03-31-2009 at 11:08 AM.
post #8 of 8 Old 03-31-2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:

Agreed 100%!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page