Sadly, my last GM car.... - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 53 Old 03-31-2009, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

Sadly, my last GM car....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSJ
The Obama administration said Monday that the embattled auto maker aims to replace "a majority of the board over the coming months." Federal officials also confirmed the appointment of Kent Kresa, a GM director since 1993, as its interim board chairman.
Now that GM is accountable to the administration alone, or will be once Obama replaces the rest of the board, the Camaro will be my last GM car purchase. The future cars coming out of GM will be nothing more than the administrations attempt to force "Green tin cans" down everyone's throats. GM has more high MPG vehicles than most companies out there yet because they went on the government cheese their entire business model is about to change to something never before seen. The high performance vehicles such as the Corvette and the Camaro do not fit this new model (read as agenda) and I fear that some time down the road they shall not survive the "scalpel" of the Prez's new GM board members. I draw the line at buying government cars backed by government warranties while the administration delights in the dismantling of a great automobile company. Cheers to the future my friends:

**phone rings

Obama: Uhhh...hello Fritz?

Fritz: Yes...Mr. President?!?

Obama: Yeah...uhhh...I got the financial reports today and...uhhhh....what is going on with these sales figures?

Fritz: Well sir...the hybrids just aren't selling as well as we thought they might but our truck division has really made up a lot of ground. The numbers could have been a lot worse si.......

Obama: Fritz! we really need to push those hybrids...they are the future. Our agenda...uhmmmm....nation is depending on you.

Fritz: I am not sure what you want me to do Mr. President. We have crunched all the numbers, looked at all the possibilities.....

Obama: What about some of these trucks we are building... Can we phase them out? Maybe a GM SMART car?!?

Fritz: Sir, trucks are the only thing keeping our head over water right now and I really don.....

Obama: Well Fritz, if you can't do it, I will bring someone else in who can!!!

Fritz: Mr. Prez, I am doing the......... Hello? **looks at phone** Hello????

It is truly a sad day which will only get worse in the coming years. Obama already has one key component to what he needs for the "Green" future....a car company. Too bad it has to be my beloved GM.

....Flame away boys, flame away!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 Old 03-31-2009, 06:26 PM
Veteran Member

I pray you're wrong.

me hates politics.

I knew it was a matter of time before the sky started falling again...hopefully this time we won't need to watch our heads.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.

Last edited by POWERFREAK; 03-31-2009 at 06:31 PM.
post #3 of 53 Old 03-31-2009, 06:36 PM
Veteran Member

Ill still Buy GM but never anything New again.

post #4 of 53 Old 03-31-2009, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
I pray you're wrong.

me hates politics.

I knew it was a matter of time before the sky started falling again...hopefully this time we won't need to watch our heads.
I hope I am wrong as well but the writing is on the wall at this point. No one said the sky is falling. GM will probably be around for many years (with government assistance) but not the GM we grew to love.
post #5 of 53 Old 03-31-2009, 06:43 PM
Veteran Member

If Obama elimates the performance car divison, I might just hate the government. I guess I would switch to ford .

Current: 00 z28 M6 T-tops
Past: 74 Stingray Vette, 99 Silverado 2500, 01 SS A4 T-tops, 95 z28 A4 T-tops, 96 v6 A4 T-tops (project), 97 v6 A4
RIP: 95 z28 M6
post #6 of 53 Old 03-31-2009, 06:46 PM
Veteran Member

the same control from the Govt will happin to ford and Chrysler also
post #7 of 53 Old 03-31-2009, 06:47 PM
Veteran Member

Don't really care for the snark in this OP.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
post #8 of 53 Old 03-31-2009, 06:49 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modsled View Post
the same control from the Govt will happin to ford and Chrysler also

I'll go buy an Acura.

OK, maybe not an Acura.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #9 of 53 Old 03-31-2009, 06:56 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
I'll go buy an Acura.

OK, maybe not an Acura.
Go buy a Mazda6 or a Camry. They're made in America anyways.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
post #10 of 53 Old 03-31-2009, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Don't really care for the snark in this OP.
Snark?!?

No the sky is not falling....but reality sucks:

Quote:
Obama said he hopes to see 1 million plug-in hybrid and electric vehicles on the road by 2015, a number far beyond the most optimistic forecasts. Obama's vision amounts to more than wide-eyed optimism—or generalized political pandering.

- 4 billion in tax credits to American automakers to retool plants for the production of plug-in hybrid cars capable of 150 miles to the gallon.

- A $7,000 tax credit for consumers who buy early model plug-in vehicles. 

- Half of all cars purchased by the federal government will be plug-in hybrids or all-electric by 2012.
Unless Ford, takes federal funds, it will have more of a say in its line up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page