I told him not to... - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 67 Old 03-31-2009, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
CamaroSSMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,260
 
I told him not to...

My friend whom I have been writing about has finally bought a car. He got a MUSTANG!!!

WTMFF?? I have been telling him all the great things about the Camaro and how stupid the mustang is!

He said he got the Stang because the Chevy dealer here is doing a $15,000 dealer markup Because GM doesn't have enough money to make all that were preordered and many people who did preorder will not be getting their Camaro! I have heard nothing of this!

He also told me the GM CEO is being fired

Is my dealer full of ****e or is this all true?




BTW, he gave a ride to me now, and I was actually satisfied...
CamaroSSMan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 67 Old 03-31-2009, 09:01 PM
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
 
OceanChevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ocean City NJ
Posts: 4,638
  
Garage
You should not be friends with him anymore... I actually met Bob Lutz when he was at GM it was awhile ago but i got to shake his hand. He was on the Colbert Report

June 2015 MOTM



"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.

Last edited by OceanChevy; 03-31-2009 at 09:12 PM.
OceanChevy is offline  
post #3 of 67 Old 03-31-2009, 09:06 PM
Member
 
Dano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 131
 
Believe it or not its true...a dealership here did the same thing, or I guess I should say TRIED, to do the same thing to me. put a $10,000 "market adjustment". I told em where to shove it and found another dealership in Denver. They think their customers arent looking around, well, their wrong. Good luck trying to convince Ford guys to get off their "high horse" lol
Dano is offline  
 
post #4 of 67 Old 03-31-2009, 09:09 PM
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
 
OceanChevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ocean City NJ
Posts: 4,638
  
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano View Post
Believe it or not its true...a dealership here did the same thing, or I guess I should say TRIED, to do the same thing to me. put a $10,000 "market adjustment". I told em where to shove it and found another dealership in Denver. They think their customers arent looking around, well, their wrong. Good luck trying to convince Ford guys to get off their "high horse" lol

June 2015 MOTM



"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.
OceanChevy is offline  
post #5 of 67 Old 03-31-2009, 09:10 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Windsor
Posts: 4,533
  
Wagoner of GM is fired, yes. Markups are gay, but it's also influenced by a little thing called hype. Your friend is brainwashed, and GM has to get out over 15,000 Pre-Orders- yes they're gonna be backed up. GM's financial woes won't affect the Camaro.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Taglane is offline  
post #6 of 67 Old 03-31-2009, 09:17 PM
Veteran Member
 
80s_Adam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pittsburgh & Texas
Posts: 4,203
 
What year mustang?

I know this site is Camaro oriented, but there is nothing wrong with the mustang. Would you rather have him in a honda?
80s_Adam is offline  
post #7 of 67 Old 03-31-2009, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
CamaroSSMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,260
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Third_Gen_Adam View Post
What year mustang?

I know this site is Camaro oriented, but there is nothing wrong with the mustang. Would you rather have him in a honda?
2009, V6, Dark gray with sweet sound system, "Pony Package", Automatic

He tested the 370z, but he threw the pedal down too far, so he couldn't get a car with more than 300hp

Thats why he got the V6
CamaroSSMan is offline  
post #8 of 67 Old 03-31-2009, 09:23 PM
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
 
OceanChevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ocean City NJ
Posts: 4,638
  
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSMan View Post
2009, V6, Dark gray with sweet sound system, "Pony Package", Automatic

He tested the 370z, but he threw the pedal down too far, so he couldn't get a car with more than 300hp

Thats why he got the V6
So instead of a ten second car (camaro) he got a ten minute car (mustang)

June 2015 MOTM



"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.
OceanChevy is offline  
post #9 of 67 Old 03-31-2009, 09:39 PM
Veteran Member
 
TX_SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,794
 
Brilliant, just brilliant. Did this guy pass the second grade? Fluent in english? He's not dyslexic? I understand he's a friend and all, but wow, to make a buying choice based on the information you've given us makes this guy seem a little..... light in the frontal lobe area. In any case, you'll be able to beat the crap outta his Mustang on any occasion that he chooses, so, oh well.

And no, I would not rather he drive a Honda, no one in their right mind should have to endure that.

2SS/RS, CGM, A6, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger
My latest dyno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjrLR0N12B4
TX_SS is offline  
post #10 of 67 Old 03-31-2009, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
CamaroSSMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,260
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_SS View Post
Brilliant, just brilliant. Did this guy pass the second grade? Fluent in english? He's not dyslexic? I understand he's a friend and all, but wow, to make a buying choice based on the information you've given us makes this guy seem a little..... light in the frontal lobe area. In any case, you'll be able to beat the crap outta his Mustang on any occasion that he chooses, so, oh well.

And no, I would not rather he drive a Honda, no one in their right mind should have to endure that.
I would if i were buying a Camaro, but i'm stuck with this 1995 Isuzu...
CamaroSSMan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome