Some solid business practices might be good - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 04-02-2009, 07:31 AM Thread Starter

Some solid business practices might be good

I read this forum and never cease to be amazed at what I find.
I ordered a cyber gray on the first day it could be ordered, and got the, "it's delayed" message. Tried the white and told,"no go at all". Is this 2009 ?
Has it occured to anyone who is knocking the Mustang that they are actually driving their cars, can go to a dealer and get one ? Put a blower on it and get the 400 plus horsepower if wanted ? Their aftermarket is strong and Ford, Shelby, and Roush will fit it for a price.
We are continuing to bicker over a car for that for all practical purposes doesn't exist yet. We see a start date, pictures of cars on carriers, magazines with test drives, but in the real world no 2010 Camaro has out done any Mustang-yet.
Here we sit, behind a computer not a steering wheel and spew all our rhetoric about a car 95% of us have no first hand experience with.
Yes it's fun to speculate but so far that's all we've got.
This isn't about whether Mustang is better, it's about poor marketing, management, giving the public what it wants in a timely manner, and just plain good business.
Compared to it's past history, GM today is poorly managed and the results are evident.
Now we've got people selling 2010 Camaros on EBAY that don't yet exist, reports of dealers doing 10,000 mark ups on cars that don't exist, and the hype goes on.
If the reports of a certain color of paint has to be used up before another can be started are true, then the problems have only begun.
I want a Camaro as much as the next guy but when I see a Mustang on every corner and zero Camaros, who seems to be winning ?

Ordered Cyber gray/gray 1SS with automatic and black stripes.

Last edited by larietrope; 04-02-2009 at 07:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 04-02-2009, 07:40 AM

There are lots of frustrated and anxious people besides yourself.

The Camaros are now being shipped, so it will be SOON that Camaros will again be available at the dealerships and crusing the streets.
post #3 of 18 Old 04-02-2009, 07:47 AM
Veteran Member

lmao, twin t ls3 would blow any stang away...

post #4 of 18 Old 04-02-2009, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larietrope View Post
Here we sit, behind a computer not a steering wheel and spew all our rhetoric about a car 95% of us have no first hand experience with.
Yes it's fun to speculate but so far that's all we've got.
Part of me just wants the Camaro to come out so the epic amounts of bench racing I've seen online over the past few years can finally stop.

Do want:
post #5 of 18 Old 04-02-2009, 07:56 AM

well written and to the point. Good business practices would mandate a business that has in excess of 14,000 cars sold to get them into the hands of customers. I Question why when you have something people want why not give them what they want. I ordered my camaro on 11-12-08 and was pull out of line last week because of the Hurst Shifter, when I see my Camaro who knows, Problem seems to be with dealers who are not well informed.Patience, and persevevrance, that's all it takes.
post #6 of 18 Old 04-02-2009, 08:02 AM

I see your point and understand your frustration. Let me ask a question, though -- would it have been "solid business practice" to accept no orders whatsoever until cars were already arriving at showrooms and all variations of colors and options were already rolling out the factory door?

Perhaps GM should not have allowed word of the upcoming Camaro to reach the public until the car suddenly showed up at dealerships at a surprise...
post #7 of 18 Old 04-02-2009, 08:40 AM

There are some solid business practices that I'm glad are being followed. Extra quality checks on first builds of a brand new model on a brand new line. Analyzing demand of features and changing from dealer option to factory option which will likely result in higher quality installation of Hurst shifters.

Since GM was saying that all pre-orders would be delivered by end of September and now it looks more likely by the end of June I'd say they are doing things right. Even though I still don't have a build date on my Camaro I'm happy with what they are doing.
post #8 of 18 Old 04-02-2009, 08:57 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastAl View Post
There are some solid business practices that I'm glad are being followed. Extra quality checks on first builds of a brand new model on a brand new line. Analyzing demand of features and changing from dealer option to factory option which will likely result in higher quality installation of Hurst shifters.

Since GM was saying that all pre-orders would be delivered by end of September and now it looks more likely by the end of June I'd say they are doing things right. Even though I still don't have a build date on my Camaro I'm happy with what they are doing.
I would rather have it a bit later and just right than now w/ issues

if they started doing this with the other cars a few years back GM wouldnt have needed the govmnt

Last edited by mucker15; 04-02-2009 at 09:00 AM.
post #9 of 18 Old 04-02-2009, 12:17 PM

A couple of people here know of my problem with getting my car. I have waited for years to order and ordered on the 1st day. Then my dealer closed and I started dealing with GM customer service and was basically told that they don't know where my car is. I also have another local dealer working on it for me. After much talking and phone calls, I finally told them all that I did not care where it was or where they delivered it to, but if I did not have it by July, the 6 chevy and GM products I have now will be the last. GM knows all about my car, because they send me the letters and pictures just like the rest of you guys get.
post #10 of 18 Old 04-02-2009, 01:43 PM

I agree, every other thread really is just "I had a dream last night about my 'maro and I jizzed in my pants!" 10 pages later etc...

I want to see some Camaro's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page