Order Priority question - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 04-03-2009, 06:59 AM Thread Starter

Order Priority question

In reading some of the "Order" threads I get the impression that if my dealer still has an allocation from his original allotment and I place an order today with him, that my order would take precedence over someone that has placed an order with a dealer that had already used up his allocation.

For instance, dealer A uses up his original allocation by 10/30/08, but a customer comes in on 1/15/09 and wants to place an order. It sounds like the dealer could still place an order. On the otherhand, I stroll into my dealership (who still has two allocations left) on 4/15/09 and place an order. Would my order potentially get pulled before the customer that placed an order with Dealer A on 1/15/09?

If that's the case, why? It doesn't seem fair.

Sorry for the long email, but I want to make sure my question is understood.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-03-2009, 07:11 AM

Everyone is going to have a different opinion and answer for this. In my opinion, dealers are ranked along with their allocations. My dealer has 4 allocations sold and confirmed and not one picked up for production yet. And the first three commitments where the week of 10/13. I feel that GM didn't confirm orders with most dealers until right before production as they made the decision to build exactly what everyone ordered. That wasn't the case when orders started. GM wanted a different mix of V8 to V6, and finally agreed to a 50/50 mix and eventually, it seems, what was exactly ordered. There are so many threads and comments on this and most of us don't really know the right story. I hope that when mine finally gets picked up, I can use it as a tracking example for others that ordered from a smaller dealer.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-03-2009, 07:15 AM
www.camaroscotty.com

Garage
If a dealer is selling withing his estimated guide number given to us, it is through quarter 3....anything over that will be built after Quarter 3. So if a dealer is just now selling his "through quarter 3 allocation", it will go in before someone over thier allocation guide number. "They say after quarter 3"....but I am betting the "through quarter 3" cars get done well before the end of September.

http://www.camaroscotty.com
YAHOO IM:
CamaroScotty / FACEBOOK: Camaro Scotty

post #4 of 4 Old 04-03-2009, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Scotty View Post
If a dealer is selling withing his estimated guide number given to us, it is through quarter 3....anything over that will be built after Quarter 3. So if a dealer is just now selling his "through quarter 3 allocation", it will go in before someone over thier allocation guide number. "They say after quarter 3"....but I am betting the "through quarter 3" cars get done well before the end of September.
Scotty, you may provide this information to your customers but most dealers don't....maybe thats why my next Chevy's are coming from you...don't laugh. But how does anyone even know where they fit in the allocations especially when GM says that all 14,000 will be built by May or June? That was quoted in Automotive News. Are you talking about all orders or just the early orders. I think our stress comes from ordering so early and nothing solid communicated back. And keep in mind...my dealer is excellent and a very good business partner, yet I know very little. I've even been tempted to talk to you about buying one and just flying out and picking it up.

Last edited by pfflyer; 04-03-2009 at 09:06 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page