CGM On The Loose - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 04-03-2009, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Exclamation CGM On The Loose

Just got home from talking to my inventory manager at the dealer. He was able to submit one (1) Cyber Gray Metallic for production yesterday !!! I moved from 29 to 28 on his allocation list (sombody dropped one of their orders), so I still have a ways to go, but at least I know that CGM is on the move now

2SS/RS, CGM, A6, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger
My latest dyno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjrLR0N12B4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-03-2009, 12:51 PM

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

Past Camaros: 2000 Camaro SS 6-Speed,
1999 Camaro Z28 A4, 1994 Camaro Z28 A4

Delivered: 2SS/RS CGM M6 - VIN #7460
post #3 of 7 Old 04-03-2009, 02:29 PM

SWEEEET!

post #4 of 7 Old 04-04-2009, 04:08 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_SS View Post
Just got home from talking to my inventory manager at the dealer. He was able to submit one (1) Cyber Gray Metallic for production yesterday !!! I moved from 29 to 28 on his allocation list (sombody dropped one of their orders), so I still have a ways to go, but at least I know that CGM is on the move now

Hmmm, do you think it would be more fruitful for me to talk to an inventory manager rather than my salesman, if I want the straight scoop on when my order might be submitted for production?
post #5 of 7 Old 04-04-2009, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weland View Post
Hmmm, do you think it would be more fruitful for me to talk to an inventory manager rather than my salesman, if I want the straight scoop on when my order might be submitted for production?
I'd say, both from conversations on the forum AND my personal experience with MY salesman vs. inventory guy, ABSOLUTELY!!! Politely make contact withthe inventory manager (or one of the manager's minions, if it's a big dealership) and get your info straight from the source! Don't abuse that person, though -- details generally won't change more than once a week anyhow (Thursday seems to be a particularly good day to "touch base"...)
post #6 of 7 Old 04-04-2009, 05:54 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gto_in_nc View Post
I'd say, both from conversations on the forum AND my personal experience with MY salesman vs. inventory guy, ABSOLUTELY!!! Politely make contact withthe inventory manager (or one of the manager's minions, if it's a big dealership) and get your info straight from the source! Don't abuse that person, though -- details generally won't change more than once a week anyhow (Thursday seems to be a particularly good day to "touch base"...)
Duly noted. I sent a message to the salesperson, but in the absence of a response I may just follow that tack.
post #7 of 7 Old 04-04-2009, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

I'm lucky enough to have met the inventory manager after talking to a couple of the salespeople when I first went into the dealership.
Since that first discussion, I've only ever talked to the IM, and found that he's a pretty cool guy, so I got lucky.

2SS/RS, CGM, A6, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger
My latest dyno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjrLR0N12B4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page