1 800 # rant - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 05-02-2009, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

1 800 # rant

I called On friday got treated pretty badly, no info whats so ever not even the least bit inclined to help me out. I called again today, I was treated a lot better, the person said she will check where my order is at and see if there is a target production date for my SS. I also asked her to explain the allotment thing and what effect that would have on my order, The thing I am trying to figure out is what # my car is in the pecking order, When I ordered I had read there were 14000 orders placed, am I 14001 ? where does my order sit? I spoke to the guys at Mcmulkin and they were a big help, but the local dealers here dont seem to know anything concrete. it varys from your not even getting a car, to 9 months wait because you are the second allotment I dont mind the wait but I am a little bummed by the lack of info. I plunked down my $ and would just like to know a target build date I really hope they have some kind of news for me on Monday. Was told 9 month wait and I am cool with that ( it will be hard ) but I knew it going in. Just want to get some concrete info from GM that my car will be built. Im like Camaro order insecure I guess. Im currently at event code 1100 so there might not be any info for me yet. I know there are cats who placed thier order a lot earlier than me and are getting jerked, so I really cant complain, just wish GM had a bit more info on our cars available

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-02-2009, 07:20 PM

Man at 9 months I need to order mine real soon to make the spring. Please keep us updated. Good Luck. Bear
post #3 of 7 Old 05-02-2009, 07:43 PM
Veteran Member

yea seems there is a lot of confusion going around with what dealers have been saying. Ive been wondering for a while now if im in the same boat then. I ordered mine on 3/19 and was number 9 in my dealers allocation of 15, and he told me it SHOULD be here by early summer, but from what im hearing that doesnt sound like a possibilty. Im going to give him a call sometime next week and see if there is any info. When did u order, and how high on the allocation list r u?

IBM 2SS/RS, M6, Blk Leather...
CAI, ARH Headers, Flowmasters, Diablosport tuned, Barton short-throw
Ordered 3/19 Delivered 8/12 VIN# 21970
94' Z28 sold 12/14/09

post #4 of 7 Old 05-02-2009, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by odoylerulez55 View Post
yea seems there is a lot of confusion going around with what dealers have been saying. Ive been wondering for a while now if im in the same boat then. I ordered mine on 3/19 and was number 9 in my dealers allocation of 15, and he told me it SHOULD be here by early summer, but from what im hearing that doesnt sound like a possibilty. Im going to give him a call sometime next week and see if there is any info. When did u order, and how high on the allocation list r u?
I was 13 out of a ten allocation but after going there tody i found out hier allocation is being increased so im psyched but still I wish there was a lot more info ,, realistically I think im getting my car in Oct or so

post #5 of 7 Old 05-03-2009, 06:12 PM

if you weren't part of your dealers original allotment, i doubt 1.800 will be able to help you at all brother! in their system, you don't exist yet. 1100 means you are entered in your dealers computer..........that's it!

if you were being "pulled" by GM (event code 2000 or higher), they could give you a somewhat accurate TPW. but i think (i could be wrong here), that you only exist in your dealers computer at this point at 1100.

i am part of my dealers original allotment at #9 of 13 and i'm still 1100 and won't stand a chance of getting pulled until mid june unless GM gives my dealer more build allocations this month......then i'll get a TPW.

i would call another dealer with real allocations left.

IOM 2SSRS 6MN - VIN 7553 - Ordered 10/13/08 and Delivered 5/22/09 - SOLD 8/2010
post #6 of 7 Old 05-03-2009, 06:29 PM

don't feel left out tooooo far guys. I ordered Oct. 30th. I know MORE than my dealer. I am aware that she put my order in to GM on April 2nd and expects delivery to me on or before June 2. I get absolutely "nothing" from the 1 800 phone number either. The customer rep took my name and number and my original 6 digit (alphanumeric) order # AND my order number that came on my PreOrder painting by Sangup Lee (the numbers were different for the same order being as one was the workbench order number and the other being some other kind of order number I can't explain); well she called the next day and couldn't even tell me my "event code". I WAS able to get my dealer to confirm my 3200 event code a couple weeks ago but again, I KNEW that since they had "submitted" my car to G.M. Nothing factual here BUT I THINK I feel that many cars will be delivered much faster than we're all thinking. Reading around by the veterens on here and the ones attached to Chevy in one way or another lets me LEAD MYSELF into believing many, many cars are going to "hit the road" at once and then March orders like yours will be like, RIGHT BEHIND THEM, It will be cool if it's early summer for you!!! Keep faith and hoping!!!

At last--Dream HAS BECOME Reality....
post #7 of 7 Old 05-03-2009, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRS View Post
if you weren't part of your dealers original allotment, i doubt 1.800 will be able to help you at all brother! in their system, you don't exist yet. 1100 means you are entered in your dealers computer..........that's it!

if you were being "pulled" by GM (event code 2000 or higher), they could give you a somewhat accurate TPW. but i think (i could be wrong here), that you only exist in your dealers computer at this point at 1100.

i am part of my dealers original allotment at #9 of 13 and i'm still 1100 and won't stand a chance of getting pulled until mid june unless GM gives my dealer more build allocations this month......then i'll get a TPW.

i would call another dealer with real allocations left.
My dealer will be adding allocations,, so I feel much better I was originally 13 with only 10 allocations

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page