*VERY* close to buying today - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 05-03-2009, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

*VERY* close to buying today

This dealer around my way had *EXACTLY* what I was looking for. A Silver Ice Metallic 2LT with RS package, AT for $31,___ I forget exactly. Not sure if there was a premium added to the cost. I was gonna buy it but it had the racing stripes on it and I don't really want them on there. Do you think they'll be more around soon at other Chevy places or should I have just got it with the stripes? Am I being too picky? Cause I'm really not feeling the stripes... If it didn't have the stripes I'd have that bad boy in my driveway right now. Just hope I didn't blow my chance to get this car relatively soon from now....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-03-2009, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbrankxx View Post
This dealer around my way had *EXACTLY* what I was looking for. A Silver Ice Metallic 2LT with RS package, AT for $31,___ I forget exactly. Not sure if there was a premium added to the cost. I was gonna buy it but it had the racing stripes on it and I don't really want them on there. Do you think they'll be more around soon at other Chevy places or should I have just got it with the stripes? Am I being too picky? Cause I'm really not feeling the stripes... If it didn't have the stripes I'd have that bad boy in my driveway right now. Just hope I didn't blow my chance to get this car relatively soon from now....

Arent the stripes just stickers? can they be removed? just curious
post #3 of 10 Old 05-03-2009, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbrankxx View Post
Unless you are prepared to wait up to 6 months, you shoud (should have) bought it. It will be a while before you can go to a lot and look at several different choices. The dealer cars that are out right now, the dealers don't even have a choice of what they get (color, options, etc).

-Brad

post #4 of 10 Old 05-03-2009, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrorud View Post
Unless you are prepared to wait up to 6 months, you shoud (should have) bought it. It will be a while before you can go to a lot and look at several different choices. The dealer cars that are out right now, the dealers don't even have a choice of what they get (color, options, etc).

-Brad
x100

2005 CTSV BLACK LS7 Clutch/Flywheel/Slave, Tick Speed Bleeder, Tilton Clutch MC, RevShift Bushings, Domestic V8 Solutions (shifter, 8.8 Diff conversion, srut tower braces, sub-frame connectors), SLP cats, no cags, xpipe, bullet mufflers, Volante, iPod dock, G-force tune; 379hp 381tq.

Killing 5th gens like it is my job.
post #5 of 10 Old 05-03-2009, 08:05 AM

<whisper>
Doooooooo iiiiiiiiit...
</whisper>
post #6 of 10 Old 05-03-2009, 08:30 AM

I say do it. Be another satisfied customer that didn't have to wait six months on a preorder list. Gotta love it, don't ya?

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ~ Inferno Orange ~ Cyber Grey Stripes ~ Polished wheels

My Homepage
http://titanic-model.com
post #7 of 10 Old 05-03-2009, 09:05 AM

Take a hairdryer to those stripes and they will come right off. Drop it off at my house for a couple of days and I'll do it for free.

2SS RS M6 Rally Yellow Black Hockies
post #8 of 10 Old 05-03-2009, 09:12 AM

Buy the car, drive it for 6 mos, sell it for what you paid , and then get what you want.
post #9 of 10 Old 05-03-2009, 01:50 PM

go get it! your dealer can take off the stripes before you pick it up.

IOM 2SSRS 6MN - VIN 7553 - Ordered 10/13/08 and Delivered 5/22/09 - SOLD 8/2010
post #10 of 10 Old 05-04-2009, 12:44 PM

if i was you, i would do it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page