Modern Camaro Forums banner

IOM now to cost extra

3K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  80s_Adam 
#1 ·
Distribution Updates
Updates for Camaro
Week of 5/4/2009
Effective 5/4/2009, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:

* LS Color and Trim section-(GCR) Inferno Orange Metallic, added a footnote 1 that reads "Additional charge - premium paint."
* LT Color and Trim section-(GCR) Inferno Orange Metallic, added a new footnote 3 that reads "Additional charge - premium paint." Current footnote 3 is now footnote 4.
* SS Color and Trim section-(GCR) Inferno Orange Metallic, added a new footnote 3 that reads "Additional charge - premium paint." Current footnote 3 is now footnote 4.

#2 · (Edited)
Hopefully this additional cost is to ensure higher quality standards on IOM. The IOM Camaro that I shot photos of on Friday had pretty awful paint matching between body panels. The rear bumper cover was darker than the quarter panel, the quarter panel had more metallic flake in it, and the gas door was darker than the quarter as well. Even the door was slightly darker. I wouldn't have been pleased with this paint match, and I'm not too picky.

Look at this photo, you can even tell see how badly it matched. Notice the darker bumper vs quarter, the darker fuel door, etc..

Another view. Notice how the quarter is lighter than the bumper, door, and fuel door. It was like this on both sides of the car.

#6 ·
Makes me think they are mass painting the panels separately instead of spraying the car together whole. You would think it should still match though but apparently they mixed the color differently.

That's pretty noticeable.

#12 ·
I have a G8 - they have a similar orange but it is WAY DIFFERENT on metal vs. plastic. I was told that its just 'the way it is and you'll get used to it'.
It was a horrible mis-match - I got a red one
I'm getting ready to order a camaro - an orange one. Maybe I'll re think it.
Do you think the upcharge for the paint cured the problem?
Thanx
Can't wait to quit that silly G8 forum and get to know all of you
JS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.