My Day was MADE ;) - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 05-04-2009, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

Cool My Day was MADE ;)

So on my way to work (down 45 south) I see something out of the corner of my eye that caught me so off guard... An inferno orange SS!! I nearly jumped out of my car!! To this day I haven't called up or visited the many chevy dealerships here to go see a camaro in the showrooms so I was very surprised to actually see one on the freeway!
The driver looked like he was in his mid 50's maybe which is irrelevant but I just had to see who was driving this baby
I noticed the liscence plates were from Texas but it said "manufacture" under it, and as traffic got lighter and I began to drive away, I noticed the big "CAMARO" decal at the top of the windshield, wonder if the lucky guy had already started his customization or if it was dealer installed?? Or maybe it's just a showroom model or even better one of the camaros to be shown at Minute Maid Park this week
Anywho, it looked GREAT on the streets of Houston!

Btw, sorry for the lack of pictures, of all days my iPhone died on me
But just wanted to share my excitent with you guys

Last edited by TX_Deadly; 05-04-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 05-04-2009, 02:49 PM

<napoleandynomite>
Lucky...
</napoleandynomite>
post #3 of 11 Old 05-04-2009, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_Deadly View Post
So on my way to work (down 45 south) I see something out of the corner of my eye that caught me so off guard... An inferno orange SS!! I nearly jumped out of my car!! To this day I haven't called up or visited the many chevy dealerships here to go see a camaro in the showrooms so I was very surprised to actually see one on the freeway!
The driver looked like he was in his mid 50's maybe which is irrelevant but I just had to see who was driving this baby
I noticed the liscence plates were from Texas but it said "production" under it, and as traffic got lighter and I began to drive away, I noticed the big "CAMARO" decal at the top of the windshield, wonder if the lucky guy had already started his customization or if it was dealer installed?? Or maybe it's just a showroom model or even better one of the camaros to be shown at Minute Maid Park this week
Anywho, it looked GREAT on the streets of Houston!

Btw, sorry for the lack of pictures, of all days my iPhone died on me
But just wanted to share my excitent with you guys
That is too cool! I live in Houston too and have seen them at dealerships but not on the road. How exciting!!! I can't wait to be on the road in Houston with mine.

Colt

post #4 of 11 Old 05-04-2009, 02:53 PM
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep

Garage

June 2015 MOTM

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.
post #5 of 11 Old 05-04-2009, 02:55 PM
Camaro Focus Group Member

he must have gotten one of the parade cars

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
post #6 of 11 Old 05-04-2009, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanChevy View Post
Oh I know!!
post #7 of 11 Old 05-04-2009, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetHawkSelena View Post
he must have gotten one of the parade cars
Now that I think about it, it said manufacture on the liscence plate instead of production, so yep you may be right !
post #8 of 11 Old 05-04-2009, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt faro camaro View Post
That is too cool! I live in Houston too and have seen them at dealerships but not on the road. How exciting!!! I can't wait to be on the road in Houston with mine.

Colt
Can't wait to see yours either! btw are you going to the "unveiling" of the Camaro at Minute Maid park? It'll be the whole caravan of them arriving there from Sam Houston racepark and ending up at the stadium. From what I've heard they'll be there througout the duration of the Astros vs. Cubs game.
Wonder if this is happening in other cities/states??
post #9 of 11 Old 05-04-2009, 04:13 PM

Orange SS

An Orange SS showed up Saturday at Buckalew in Conroe. It was a sold preorder car. My salesman called me so I went up there to take a look. I wonder if the guy picked it up over the weekend and that was the same car? I will be at MinuteMaid this Thursday to see them all. Can't wait to get mine. I was told sometime in July from Buckalew.
Regards, Mark

2SS/RS/M6/RJTC/Black Hockey stripes & Ralley Stripes/Ground effects/window tint/American Racing long tube headers/ cat back exhaust/ competition cam/ Hennessey cold air intake/Phantom wheels.
post #10 of 11 Old 05-04-2009, 04:57 PM

Saw either this same one, or one exactly like it, decal and all, in Plano. My roomate saw the same thing in Rowlett (near Garland).

Quote:
The Camaro is 100 hp past its competition. The V6 is running with the top of the competition. In other words, if these cars are the whipped cream and the lower trims are the shake, the Camaro V6 is the cherry on top, and the Camaro SS is the person eating the whole ****ed thing.
-The_Blur
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page