Failing inspection before delivery !!!! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 05-06-2009, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Failing inspection before delivery !!!!

A Friend of mine just e-mailed me and told me he found out that his car failed inspection and it wasn't being shipped at this time. Sad part is they told him they have no Clue as of right now when it will be Fixed and that it failed inspection as soon as it was built which happened to be April 2nd.
He asked if they could give any detail on what went wrong and they said they can specify that at this time.
( Sucks Gm is just now saying something to him about this and cant give better answers on whats going to happen )

I love Chevrolet and will enjoy my own new camaro when it comes however in my honest opinion Gm has a problem compared to other automakers. There are times they need to pull there head out of there A$$es and take care of the customer and not leave them on the back burner.
Trent is one of these customers as well...when you spend good money on something you expect to get it or get answers...not We dont know.
ITs there job to know or find out.

I understand this is a New Car and there are bugs to work out and around however as parents tell there kids its time to grow up now let learn and get better. To many problems are happening and no one knows whats going on.

And when I say GM I dont mean our dealers or all of our dealers because a lot of the dealers are doing there job its the people on the other end of the phone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 05-06-2009, 12:11 PM
Camaro Focus Group Member

at least they are fixing the problem before they send the car out... the waiting is hard tho...

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
post #3 of 11 Old 05-06-2009, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Yeah I bet the waiting is hard. I just feel guys like trent and my friend need better info so they can make plans to either wait for order another car.

post #4 of 11 Old 05-06-2009, 02:23 PM

The first lemon is born... Tell him to get the extended warranty...
post #5 of 11 Old 05-06-2009, 02:31 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopkinator View Post
The first lemon is born... Tell him to get the extended warranty...

It might have just been something like the battery cable issue or something minor that just needed a quick adjustment. I wouldn't say it means it's a lemon. They do those inspections to make sure cars that aren't perfect don't get out to us.

That said, if I were him, I'd certainly be curious as to why...and glad they caught it before I did.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.

Last edited by POWERFREAK; 05-06-2009 at 02:34 PM.
post #6 of 11 Old 05-06-2009, 03:10 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaytonaYellow69ss396 View Post
A Friend of mine just e-mailed me and told me he found out that his car failed inspection and it wasn't being shipped at this time. Sad part is they told him they have no Clue as of right now when it will be Fixed and that it failed inspection as soon as it was built which happened to be April 2nd.
He asked if they could give any detail on what went wrong and they said they can specify that at this time.
( Sucks Gm is just now saying something to him about this and cant give better answers on whats going to happen )

I love Chevrolet and will enjoy my own new camaro when it comes however in my honest opinion Gm has a problem compared to other automakers. There are times they need to pull there head out of there A$$es and take care of the customer and not leave them on the back burner.
Trent is one of these customers as well...when you spend good money on something you expect to get it or get answers...not We dont know.
ITs there job to know or find out.

I understand this is a New Car and there are bugs to work out and around however as parents tell there kids its time to grow up now let learn and get better. To many problems are happening and no one knows whats going on.

And when I say GM I dont mean our dealers or all of our dealers because a lot of the dealers are doing there job its the people on the other end of the phone.
Does anyone think this will improve once the UAW starts running things?

Still legal in 16 states. It's happy. It's fun. It's Happy Fun Car.
Do not taunt Happy Fun Car.
post #7 of 11 Old 05-06-2009, 03:17 PM

It is called CUSTOMER SERVICE and it starts with every person who answers the phone at all GM locations. We are spending our money on their product. They do have one of the best and most unique products but give us a break. If you don't know, find out for us and call us back. That will keep us buying for generations to come.
post #8 of 11 Old 05-06-2009, 03:20 PM

On camaro5.com there is a thread posted that there is a safety recall on the V-8 (SS) Camaros to repair a problem with the battery cable that goes to the starter.

Current vehicles:
2011 2SS/RS IMB. Polished wheels.
2000 SS Camaro White w/t-tops
1968 Camaro Coupe Maroon
1989 IROC Z28 Convertible Red w/Black top
2005 SS Silverado Black
post #9 of 11 Old 05-06-2009, 03:22 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stage3 View Post
On camaro5.com there is a thread posted that there is a safety recall on the V-8 (SS) Camaros to repair a problem with the battery cable that goes to the starter.

yup...already posted here...

http://www.5thgen.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13012

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #10 of 11 Old 05-06-2009, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

I understand there is a problem and its Great they caught it before he got it and that they are going to fix it however when he asks what is it ? And they say we cant say at this time why leave a person hanging like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page