Dealer Question - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 05-06-2009, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

Dealer Question

I have been reading for awhile and my dealer made a comment and from what I have read I am beginning to thank he is an idiot. Although I could be wrong. I am more of a reader than a poster but I am rather confused at this point

My order was placed back in February and as of last week I am 2nd in line at 1100.

He said he has to enter our oder in workbench every Thursday to see if order was taken. I do have a prelim order number from work bench.

So is he just BSing me because from what I have read is that once the dealer puts the order in Workbench every Tuesday GM closes workbench from the dealer and picks the cars in the order they were placed at the dealer granted if there were any allotments for the week and minus any constraints. Then on Wed, or Thursday the dealer can tell you if you moved up.

So is the correct or am I missing something here.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-06-2009, 08:03 PM

First off, welcome to the forum!

Second (and someone more knowledgable may say otherwise, in which case, listen to them!), it is my understanding that an order will sit in Workbench until it is either removed or picked up.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-06-2009, 10:18 PM

No, they don't have to put it in Workbench every week, but they DO have to fill out something every couple weeks that GM sends them saying (I'm ad-libbing) "Hey, how many of these cars would you like" and the dealer always puts in however many they have taken orders for. And then a few days later, GM comes back and says "OK, I know you asked for this many, but were going to let you submit only this many for this 2 week period".

I know I am not exactly accurate here, but I think it's close enough to know there is something they do, but it is not putting in the entire order every week.

-Brad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page