Dealership sold my Camaro to manager's son - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 217 Old 05-07-2009, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

Dealership sold my Camaro to manager's son

This is insane. I pre-ordered a Victory Red 2SS/RS Camaro on the first day customers were able to back in October. I went to my local dealer and was #1 on their order list. They agreed to sell the car to me at the window sticker price. I had talked with the salesman before and thought he was honest. For the past few weeks he has been calling me with order updates.

I called him this week and he tells me that my order was canceled and that they were only going to get one SS Camaro between now and October. They were going to sell it at 10k above sticker. He had told me back in October that they had 6 allocations. I knew something was fishy, so I called the GM customer service line yesterday and the rep. tells me that the car has been produced and it will arrive at the dealership in a couple of days. I called him back today and he tells me that the car has been delivered to the dealership.

So I go to the dealership today and see a salesman that doesn't know me. I asked him if the dealership had a 2SS Camaro. He says, "Yeah, but it's already gone. The manager's son has it." So, I go inside and talk to the salesman that I was working with. He wouldn't admit that they had the car I ordered on the lot. He just repeated, "I haven't seen the invoice."

They ended up hijacking my order so an employee's family member could be the first on the block to get a Camaro. They lied to me and thought I wouldn't figure out what happened. What a terrible experience. I hope the dealership folds.

If anyone knows where I can get a Victory Red 2SS/RS Camaro in KY or the surrounding area at sticker please let me know.

Last edited by RS/SS; 05-07-2009 at 05:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 217 Old 05-07-2009, 05:38 PM

Wow, that's terrible to hear. I can't say that it's unbelievable though :-( I wish you the best of luck in finding another one, I'm sure there's a few at least.

Past Camaros: 2000 Camaro SS 6-Speed,
1999 Camaro Z28 A4, 1994 Camaro Z28 A4

Delivered: 2SS/RS CGM M6 - VIN #7460
post #3 of 217 Old 05-07-2009, 05:40 PM

You need to post the dealership name & location.

post #4 of 217 Old 05-07-2009, 05:41 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS/SS View Post
This is insane. I pre-ordered a Victory Red 2SS Camaro on the first day customers were able to back in October. I went to my local dealer and was #1 on their order list. They agreed to sell the car to me at the window sticker price. I had talked with the salesman before and thought he was honest. For the past few weeks he has been calling me with order updates.

I called him this week and he tells me that my order was canceled and that they were only going to get one SS Camaro between now and October. They were going to sell it at 10k above sticker. He had told me back in October that they had 6 allocations. I knew something was fishy, so I called the GM customer service line yesterday and the rep. tells me that the car has been produced and it will arrive at the dealership in a couple of days. I called him back today and he tells me that the car has been delivered to the dealership.

So I go to the dealership today and see a salesman that doesn't know me. I asked him if the dealership had a 2SS Camaro. He says, "Yeah, but it's already gone. The manager's son has it." So, I go inside and talk to the salesman that I was working with. He wouldn't admit that they had the car I ordered on the lot. He just repeated, "I haven't seen the invoice."

They ended up hijacking my order so an employee's family member could be the first on the block to get a Camaro. They lied to me and thought I wouldn't figure out what happened. What a terrible experience. I hope the dealership folds.

If anyone knows where I can get a Victory Red 2SS Camaro in KY or the surrounding area at sticker please let me know.
From one Victory Red 2SS customer to another, that stinks...
post #5 of 217 Old 05-07-2009, 05:41 PM

Do you have a right to sue? That's pretty fukken shady, you should bring more light to this, that's very bad business.
post #6 of 217 Old 05-07-2009, 05:42 PM

Hey man, I am sorry to hear this, but you should post up the dealership info so others wont go and "support" them.. that is just down right wrong what they did to you.
post #7 of 217 Old 05-07-2009, 05:42 PM

In fact I'd call the local news and papers and throw the spotlight on them. Screw that. GM doesn't need this to happen to customers.
post #8 of 217 Old 05-07-2009, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gto_in_nc View Post
You need to post the dealership name & location.
Falls Ford GM.
13305 N. US Hwy 25.
Corbin, KY 40701
post #9 of 217 Old 05-07-2009, 05:52 PM
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple

Wow, that is some bull.

Do you have anything in writing regarding the agreement you made previously?

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
post #10 of 217 Old 05-07-2009, 05:55 PM

i would also call GM and file a formal complaint (you can prove it) as well as the local news.

i think i'd be whoopin' some ass! you have more self control than me.....

IOM 2SSRS 6MN - VIN 7553 - Ordered 10/13/08 and Delivered 5/22/09 - SOLD 8/2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page