I Walked Away.... - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 Old 05-09-2009, 07:21 AM Thread Starter

I Walked Away....

You read that right, I walked away from the table over $2000! I didn't care for the way I was being treated, since I ordered a car they new they could sell to anyone in 5 minutes.

So, I am not a happy 5th gen owner like I should be today.

GMs biggest problem now is their dealership network. They are making some great cars and trucks but if the dealers keep screwing people they are doomed for sure!!

So, the process begins again. I found a local dealer that will sell MSRP and is taking orders but not the initial allocation. So do I wait and order MSRP (December/January delivery) or wait til this time next year and get invoice.
HHmmmmmm!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 Old 05-09-2009, 07:31 AM

i just don't get these dealers.

i've found my exact build in several dealer throughout the midwest..........all way over MSRP. i've told them all no thanks.

GMS or nothing for my wife and i!

pm sent...............my dealer can get ya one in 6-8 weeks at MSRP/GMS!

IOM 2SSRS 6MN - VIN 7553 - Ordered 10/13/08 and Delivered 5/22/09 - SOLD 8/2010

Last edited by 2010SSRS; 05-09-2009 at 07:38 AM.
post #3 of 38 Old 05-09-2009, 07:36 AM

i can get you invoice+$200 on the ordered car

post #4 of 38 Old 05-09-2009, 07:42 AM
Supporter of common sense

Sorry about your troubles. I'm not up on your situation, were you promised the car at MSRP and they raised the price once it arrived? What was the deal exactly?

Thing is, this is not new, things like this have happened at GM/Ford/Chrysler dealers for decades.

Is is part of the problem? probably. Customer service overall at the big three dealerships (in general) has been a poor experience for the most part. I've worked in a few and have seen it first hand.

That is what Saturn was all about, they always have treated the customer like gold, GM developed that business model after the asian automakers and it proved successful. Saturn has the BEST looking complete lineup in all of GMs divisions and I am sad to see them go.

Best of luck on your next Camaro.

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #5 of 38 Old 05-09-2009, 08:07 AM

Saturn is an Opel knock-off, and Opel is considered to be an entry-level euro brand. Sort of what Saturn is here. Buts the CURRENT Aturn looks sure beat the most of the rest of recent GM-Chry-Ford creations.
post #6 of 38 Old 05-09-2009, 08:12 AM
Supporter of common sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricessnj View Post
Saturn is an Opel knock-off, and Opel is considered to be an entry-level euro brand. Sort of what Saturn is here. Buts the CURRENT Aturn looks sure beat the most of the rest of recent GM-Chry-Ford creations.
While I get their purpose, from an exterior styling perspective, they have the best all around selection GM has to offer

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #7 of 38 Old 05-09-2009, 08:16 AM

i agree!
post #8 of 38 Old 05-09-2009, 08:34 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAnxious View Post
Sorry about your troubles. I'm not up on your situation, were you promised the car at MSRP and they raised the price once it arrived? What was the deal exactly?

Thing is, this is not new, things like this have happened at GM/Ford/Chrysler dealers for decades.

Is is part of the problem? probably. Customer service overall at the big three dealerships (in general) has been a poor experience for the most part. I've worked in a few and have seen it first hand.

That is what Saturn was all about, they always have treated the customer like gold, GM developed that business model after the asian automakers and it proved successful. Saturn has the BEST looking complete lineup in all of GMs divisions and I am sad to see them go.

Best of luck on your next Camaro.
Saturn was awesome for customer service,,
My dealership experience has been a night mare, I bought 3 cars new from GM A silverado SS 2005 Goat and my 2007 Trailblazer,,
everytime was a bad experience. For the GTO they lied about the warranty said it was a gm subcontractor ( I wanted GMAC extended warranty) I called GM and they told me the dealer lied so I had to get my money back. The last time I traded in my Goat for the SS when I knew we were having a baby. 3 Months after the trade in I got a bill from GMAC, thtey told me the payments had been being made for the past 3 months. I no longer owned the car, the dealershiop was making payments on it instead of paying it off in full. Thats awfull. Then with the SS some of you probaby read my nightmare 6 dealer trips for a starter story. I complained GM didnt car at all that I had spent 100 grand since 2004. I know it was posted on a nother thread but I think the 2000 over hurts GM now. Maybe in the past it didnt have any effect but right now GM can not afford any un happy people. Some people may think my tax dollars bailed them out they are still possible going into bankruptcy and they want over book, Ill go buy a Rustang or a Challenger wont have to wait for it ill know when im getting it and wont pay over MSRP.

post #9 of 38 Old 05-09-2009, 08:36 AM

to bad Saturn is gone..

1994 Z28 Autobot

I would like to thank the person that came up with these fine avatar and signature's.
post #10 of 38 Old 05-09-2009, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28 Autobot View Post
to bad Saturn is gone..
i was actually thinking of getting a used Astra, or whatever the hell its called in Saturn, and rebaging it back to Opel as a cool progect
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page