I FOUND VIN# 5,076 and im dissapointed - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 Old 05-09-2009, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

Angry I FOUND VIN# 5,076 and im dissapointed

OK I am happier than hell that I finally got to see in person the 2010 Camaro no offense to anyone but not really fond of the yellow one. But hey if your getting a yellow one its your choice thats why I fight for my country in the Army so you can have the choices to choose whatever you want lol.

Ok im getting off track why im dissapointed. I was at the local park playing with my kid when my wife called and said there was a car show down the street and they had the new Camaro though. Well like anyone on this site would have done I packed the kid in the car and rushed over there. So I get there and I see it and man it is a sweet looking ride. I stood in the back of it about 10 feet away and all the pictures I have seen doesn t do it justice. Anyway so I get to talking to the guy that I thought was the local dealership owner but you guessed he wasn t he was the owner.

Now the story I got from him was that he was in the showroom the yesterday and they was pulling the car in. He asked one salesman how much it was for the car and he said it was the demo. Well he asked the manager and he said $29,995. Its a yellow 2LT or as the owner called it LT2. And this now brings me to why Im so pissed off right now

This guy had no friggin idea what he bought and when I asked him if he has ever owned a Camaro before he said no. Of course my next question was then why did you buy it and the answer I got was unbelievable that jackass told me it was the new thing to buy. Can you blelieve that BS... So this yuppy with all his money doesn t pre order sh** goes in that night and they sell him the **** demo. I thought the dealer had to hold onto it for a few. But the thing that is getting me so heated right now is people like us the Camaro enthusiest cant get there friggin cars like i.e. TRM whos vin is what 74 or something and me who is still waiting for my friggin dealer to finalize my order. This jackass doesn t pre order at all and gets the car the same day he walks in there ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!. He had no idea about anything on his car me and my wife were filling him in. I almost told him he needs not to be in car shows if he doesn t even know what he has. Ok im gonna get off my soap box now sorry to make this Blog so long but if you cant already tell im heated...Let me know what you all think about this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0087.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	190.9 KB
ID:	1656   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0086.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	191.9 KB
ID:	1657  

2010 Camaro LS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 Old 05-09-2009, 10:09 PM

Sounds to me like you're on some kind of weird jealousy melt down.

You gotta see Jack.
post #3 of 36 Old 05-09-2009, 10:10 PM

1: Thanks for fighting for my right to own yellow because this will be my second yellow vehicle 2: This will be my first Camaro also but only because this will be the first time I can afford to buy one new. I have always been a GM fan (past vehicles: S-10, Sierra, Silverado, Canyon wife: Solstice, Grand AM) 3: I would have been ticked at the D-Bag also. It's crazy all the people who are walking into dealer ships and picking up "Demos" or ordering and driving home in a Camaro in 2 months, when like you said there are a lot of first week guys and gals who have not got theirs yet!

P.S.
I'm in the military also(get ready to laugh) I'm in the Air National Guard. I know that doesn't count No joke thanks for what you do!

ON ORDER: 2LT YELLOW W/ BLACK STRIPES, RS, SUN ROOF Ordered 10/18/08 Build 5/07/09 #8497 Status 4B00 5/08/09 4200 5/19/09 Home 6/10/09

post #4 of 36 Old 05-09-2009, 10:13 PM

this guy is too f*cking rich for his own good. how the hell do you just spend 30,000 on something when you don't know what it is? and that begs this question, how in hell do not know what a Camaro is?
post #5 of 36 Old 05-09-2009, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourth Camaro View Post
Sounds to me like you're on some kind of weird jealousy melt down.

Yes i am on a meltdown I wouldn t say jelousy. Im happy the guy has his car but why im heated is because of how he aquired it and we are all here still waiting on ours even though I ordered mine in OCT08

2010 Camaro LS
post #6 of 36 Old 05-09-2009, 10:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaaaaro View Post
this guy is too f*cking rich for his own good. how the hell do you just spend 30,000 on something when you don't know what it is? and that begs this question, how in hell do not know what a Camaro is?

My thought exactly but hey what you gonna do. I thought these dealers wasn t suppose to sell there demo for at least 3 months I guess I was wrong about that

2010 Camaro LS
post #7 of 36 Old 05-09-2009, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGK06 View Post
1:

P.S.
I'm in the military also(get ready to laugh) I'm in the Air National Guard. I know that doesn't count No joke thanks for what you do!
There is nothing wrong with being in the guard you guys deploy just as much as us if not more. So thank you for what you do

2010 Camaro LS
post #8 of 36 Old 05-09-2009, 10:18 PM

I'd be angry too.

When I went to the showing of the Camaro here people were pissing me off. They were giving a chance to win the car, and I was talking to some of the contestants. One woman told me she didn't even know they were making a Camaro, she heard about it on the radio and came in to try to win. 3 people told me they were trying to win it to sell it for another car.

It sucked. I felt as if I was the only one who genuinly cared about the car. I know others cared too, but we were so outnumbered it was ridiculous. Thankfully no one won it. I'd rather no one win than some schmuck who didn' want the car.
post #9 of 36 Old 05-09-2009, 10:22 PM

Thanks to both of you for your service!

And seriously, with the shape GM is in right now, does it hurt to have the Camaro be "the thing to buy right now"? Hell, it might even turn this yuppy onto other GM products (how about a CTS instead of that Lexus?).(Although I have to agree, what rock did the dude live under to not know anything about the Camaro)

That being said, I do feel your pain on waiting for the car. However, GM I believe, put an emphasis on getting V-6 models out quickly to attract new sales. Again, given their current state, I think they need to move as many new units as humanly possible.
post #10 of 36 Old 05-09-2009, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Z28350 View Post
That being said, I do feel your pain on waiting for the car. However, GM I believe, put an emphasis on getting V-6 models out quickly to attract new sales. Again, given their current state, I think they need to move as many new units as humanly possible.
I agree with GM needing to sell as many cars as possible but I am still trying to figure out why I tied up my money by pre ordering my car instead of doing what this guy did and just go to the dealer and get one. Oh I know because I thought since I pre ordered I would have gotten my car before they went on showrooms!!!. My wife just informed me that she asked the guy if he knew how much horse power the car had and he didn t know. Isn t that on the sticker in the window Oh he also didn t know what was. What a shame

2010 Camaro LS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page