First post need advise - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 05-10-2009, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

First post need advise

I have been lurking around here for months and finally have a need to post. OK here is where I am on my new Camaro, I need some advice. In mid January I found a dealer in North Carolina selling at MSRP that had 25 cars allocated to them so I gave them a deposit for $500.00 (refundable) and ordered the car. At that time they told me I would be number 5 in-line of the 25 cars. The car has been and is still at 3000 since March the 30th and nothing has changed since then. The dealer cannot get any more information on the car nor can I get anything else out of the GM 800 number. Neither can/will give me a TPW. I had spoken to a local dealer in late October and told him I was interested in a new Camaro. He said he had 8 total allocations at the time and 5 were taken already so it would be late August if I ordered from him. I did not want to wait this long so I went ahead and did the deal above with the dealer in North Carolina. My local dealer called me on Friday and said he was ready to put in my order if I wanted the car at MSRP and he had reserved the 6th spot for me. I was surprised for sure, because I did not ask him to reserve a spot for me. He said he expects a TPW of the 2 week of June for this car! I have to tell him on Monday what I am going to do.
So what should I do?
#1 Stay where I am at and hope the car starts moving soon. I am not sure if this dealer got it together there are 4 other cars behind mine that already have VINs. This sounds odd to me.
#2 Cancel my original order and go with my local dealer (great guy)
#3 Buy both cars and sell one locally or EBay the first one that comes in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-10-2009, 02:33 PM
Veteran Member

if you're at 3000...stay with that order.

I ordered in October and I'm still at 1100, so consider yourself lucky.

Don't get greedy and buy both expecting to sell it an make your money back...you will probably end up losing money, being that the car will be considered "used" and you'll have to pay tax and registration on it etc (unless your state doesn't have tax on new cars)...plus there's usually a waiting period to receive your title, so you wont be able to sell the car right away. Unless you've got an extra $30k just laying around, it's not a good idea.

so basically...just be a little more patient....and welcome to the site.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.

Last edited by POWERFREAK; 05-10-2009 at 02:35 PM.
post #3 of 7 Old 05-10-2009, 04:42 PM
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep

Garage
Welcome to from NJ.... keep the original order

June 2015 MOTM

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.

post #4 of 7 Old 05-10-2009, 10:42 PM

Although it may be frustrating, your order status is not really out of the ordinary. Stick with the first one, it should be moving soon.

What did you order? (may offer some insight as to why you are stuck at 3000)

-Brad
post #5 of 7 Old 05-11-2009, 05:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrorud View Post
Although it may be frustrating, your order status is not really out of the ordinary. Stick with the first one, it should be moving soon.

What did you order? (may offer some insight as to why you are stuck at 3000)

-Brad
I ordered a Black 2SS RS with beige interior, manual, polished alumunum wheels and a sunroof. No other options. Any ideas?

Last edited by highndry; 05-11-2009 at 06:32 AM.
post #6 of 7 Old 05-11-2009, 06:03 AM

Stick with it.

<3 Mine:2LT IOM CGM rally stripes sunroof <3
post #7 of 7 Old 05-11-2009, 06:43 AM

stay with the 3000 deal. you may have already moved.......heck you might be built! event codes are not always right.

one member showed 3800, then got a call from his dealer to pick it up............hang in there!

IOM 2SSRS 6MN - VIN 7553 - Ordered 10/13/08 and Delivered 5/22/09 - SOLD 8/2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page