why did i buy from Classic Chevy? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 44 Old 05-10-2009, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
Camaro Focus Group Member

why did i buy from Classic Chevy?

ok... one question i get asked a lot is, "Why did you buy from Classic Chevy?"

now, all the time you hear stories about horrible dealers. i'm here to tell you a good one lemme tell you, it was totally worth the trip to Dallas for the excellent service we experienced at Classic and thru Eric Hall.

first of all, once we decided to order... all the local dealers i called about the Camaro were acting all snobby and were expecting a premium on the car. not to mention, they didn't seem to have all the info on the car. fugg that! i'm not a sucka and i am not one to be taken advantage of. i had never dealt with Classic Chevy, but since Eric was a member/sponsor on this board and he was the closest sponsor... i decided to contact him about ordering a Camaro. from that first contact, i knew he was the man.

Eric knew his stuff and he was quick with responses. from day 1, he treated me like i was his only customer, even though i know he has to have hundreds of people he deals with over a 30-day period alone. hell, they have 2,200 vehicles on their lot!! the place is ENORMOUS! but i digress...

once we placed our order with Eric, he was always contacting us with updates on the status. he was always on top of all the latest info about the car... all the changes... constraints... pricing... etc. he would even email me or call on his days off (even after they got the baby!) now, that's dedication! he even didn't mind us hanging out at his dealership all day friday waiting for our car to show up... heck, he even babysat our whippet while we went to go eat lunch.

when we arrived at Classic in hopes of taking delivery of our car on friday, he even phoned a contact he had at Arlington to see if he could get us into the railyard. it didn't pan out, but he definitely cashed in all the favors he could to try and get us in there. he had also saved us all the Camaro stuff he could... brochures, hero cards, printed sheets of tracking info on our car, he even had Fbodfather sign our order sheet that he printed on nice parchment paper. i love all this documentation and stuff cuz i will put it in a big car show binder i'm making for the car. i'm a nut for that stuff!!

when it was time to do the paperwork, the F&I guy (Rusty) was even cool. there were no "hidden fees" or bogus charges some dealers like to stick you with. it was all very straightforward, the numbers were all right, and we signed and drove away VERY HAPPY!

our GM stripes, the engine cover (both of those don't ship in the car, they ship separate), and the Camaro windshield banner won't be in until monday and Eric has promised to ship that out to us ASAP. but Eric didn't send us away empty handed... he hooked us up with an unveil day poster, some keychains, and some other goodies (details to come later).

anywho, hats off to Eric and Classic Chevy for a job well done!! we will definitely come back to you in the future. you guys definitely know how to treat your customers right.

Eric, enjoy that Shiner and let us know how you like the Abita Amber

here are some pics of the dealership. the place is GI-NORMOUS!! it's like a sea of cars!

vettes as far as the eye can see: (these are 3 different rows)

80 million trucks:

fleet stuff:

all smiles!!

more pics here: http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/SunsetHawk/5thgen/

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-

Last edited by SunsetHawkSelena; 05-11-2009 at 11:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 Old 05-10-2009, 06:10 PM
Veteran Member

Off topic, but what are all of the canopies for? They don't use those up here. Is it to prevent fade from the sun?

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
post #3 of 44 Old 05-10-2009, 06:12 PM
Veteran Member

nice to see a dealer take the time to cover them

post #4 of 44 Old 05-10-2009, 06:17 PM
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple

Wow, that is quite impressive.

Each little thing contributes to why they are the #1 Chevy dealer in the nation!

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
post #5 of 44 Old 05-10-2009, 06:18 PM
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep

Garage
OMG There are just so many

June 2015 MOTM

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.
post #6 of 44 Old 05-10-2009, 06:19 PM
Veteran Member

Jeez! There are 2 corvettes at the dealer here
post #7 of 44 Old 05-10-2009, 06:21 PM

oh my my look at all of that! wow.

<3 Mine:2LT IOM CGM rally stripes sunroof <3
post #8 of 44 Old 05-10-2009, 06:26 PM
Veteran Member

HOLY CRAP!

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #9 of 44 Old 05-10-2009, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
Off topic, but what are all of the canopies for? They don't use those up here. Is it to prevent fade from the sun?
Having lived in Dallas for a few years, some inexpensive storm/hail protection (as well as some sun) comes to mind...

2010 2LT RS auto Rally Yellow/Black
post #10 of 44 Old 05-10-2009, 06:51 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
The canopies serve several purposes. As others have mentioned, it protects from sun fade and hail, but the first time I saw them in use about 5 years back, they were presented in a customer comfort idea. It lets customers shop "in the shade" which actually makes a big difference in Texas and other hot states, AZ, NV, NM and so on. I do suspect that the first two reasons for them are the more factual for having them in the first place

2SS/RS, CGM, A6, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger
My latest dyno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjrLR0N12B4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page