Brad's 2LT Test Drive with PICTURES - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 Old 05-11-2009, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

Brad's 2LT Test Drive with PICTURES

My dealer has their demo car in and they let me take it for a test drive.

I am not going to repeat what everyone else has said, it's a great car, way better in person, rides AWESOME, blah blah blh.

Here are just a few things that stood out to me-

PROS
-Very comfortable. Sitting in it, I did what a couple people have recommended, adjusted the seat so my head was an inch or so from the roof, moved it FORWARD so I could reach everything (I'm a bit vertically challenged at 5'8") and immediately when I started driving I was very comfortable. Did not need to get used to anything or adjust anything. (I still have not found a comfortable seating position in my wife's MDX)
-The ride is just amazing, smooth and very responsive. I did not feel like I was in a sports car.
-Perfect fit and finish, I could not find anything the was not alligned perfectly, and I was specifically looking for something so I could prove the car was 'human'.
-My opinion of the interior has gone up again. Pictures of the car seem to show a wide open blank area in front of the passenger seat, but sitting in it and everything felt just right.
-Audio system, this was a 2LT so it had the Boston Acoustics audio and it was amazing. Plenty of Bass, even for a guy like me who like rap. Also, the Bass is not just coming out of the rear speakers, you are getting a good thud from the door speakers as well.

CONS (yes, there were a couple)
-Passenger seat: My wife is only 5'2" and as soon as she got in, she hated it. The dash was level with her nose and there is no UP/DOWN adjustment on the passenger seat. As a result, she felt very closed in and did not like the ride. She told me the car was not practical and the model was going to fail after the initial hype.
-I may be nit-picking here, but there is a ring of rubber molding around the side mirrors I never noticed before, but for whatever reason stuck out at me this time. It is rubber like the roof ditch molding and it was black. I was hoping it would be color matched with the RS package, but when I hurried home and checked the pics of Salena's, it looks like hers is black too. Bummer. (Yes, I am definitely nit-picking, I had to come up with 2 cons)

Well, I guess that's it, so overall I was very impressed and very happy. And as others have said, now that I have driven one, it makes the waiting that much harder.

-Brad

On to the PICS! EXTERIOR:

enjoy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 05-11-2009, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

INTERIOR:

-Brad
post #3 of 28 Old 05-11-2009, 10:24 PM

good job

I already order 1SS black in black.

post #4 of 28 Old 05-11-2009, 10:24 PM
Veteran Member

Pretty cool. After driving the V6, are you glad you went for the V8?

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
post #5 of 28 Old 05-11-2009, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
Pretty cool. After driving the V6, are you glad you went for the V8?
Ask me after I've driven the V8...the wife and kid were in the car so I couldn't push it too much anyways

(Wow, I was just thinking, I haven't driven a V8 CAR since my 1988 Camaro which I kind of crashed in 1992...has it been that long)

-Brad
post #6 of 28 Old 05-11-2009, 10:33 PM
Veteran Member

Well, since your wife gave it a thumbs down, your son had to at least think it was the coolest thing, right?

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
post #7 of 28 Old 05-11-2009, 10:33 PM
Veteran Member

Nice!

I enjoyed the 2nd con. But I agree. I never noticed that before. eh, no biggie.

I'll definitely be getting the Boston Acoustics system (rap listener as well.) Nice pics btw! +1

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
post #8 of 28 Old 05-11-2009, 10:34 PM

Hey Brad i know a lot of people have driven that car how many miles are on it now? also i can't believe they haven't sold it yet.
post #9 of 28 Old 05-11-2009, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
Well, since your wife gave it a thumbs down, your son had to at least think it was the coolest thing, right?
Yeah, and pulling in, I never asked what color their demo car was, I thought about it earlier in the day, and figured I'd let fate decide if it was yellow or not. Being yellow just made his day!

Wife: That's why I had to give in and buy a :cough: foreign :cough: car for her. Our Buick Rendezvous was a 'Made in Mexico' piece of cr**, and it turned her off to GM. I am hoping the Camaro will turn her back on to them...she'll turn around

-Brad
post #10 of 28 Old 05-11-2009, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFSS View Post
Hey Brad i know a lot of people have driven that car how many miles are on it now? also i can't believe they haven't sold it yet.
145 miles. Lance told me they weren't looking to sell it for now, I didn't even ask if someone offered list if they would take it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page