CANCELED MY CAMARO - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 Old 05-12-2009, 12:45 AM Thread Starter

CANCELED MY CAMARO

Well I guess I got sick of being lied to. I still can't get no info from my dealer or GM. Dealer tell's me my car should be here by 4/23/09 then they say that GM sent them a car they ordered a month after mine and ever since all they say is it's still in Canada with no reason, at least tell me it's on a quality hold, so then I call GM they put me on hold for 10 min's then tell me it's in Canada (no sh*t) and to talk to my dealer about delivery, so after week's of this back and forth phone crap with no info I'm going to wait for a convertable. plus it was getting fishy how bad they wanted to give my $1000.00 back so I will be getting my convertable at another dealer. I don't get them this would be the second $40.000 auto I bought from them in 6 month's, I would be doing everything in my power to keep me as a happy cust. also looked at a G-8 GXP today there nice but i'm going to wait for the vert to come out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 05-12-2009, 01:03 AM
Veteran Member

NOOO DUDE I'M SURE YOU WERE SO CLOSE OMG MAN GOSH...

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
post #3 of 26 Old 05-12-2009, 01:17 AM

i dont see why people would get angry about there cars not comming on time .. we know theres been problems with there hoods cracking and probably other minor stuff that has 2 be double checked.... IMO we should be lucky 2 see these cars go from concept to production so quick.... also Gm prolly selling the camaro at stupid rates .... its understandible for them 2 make mistakes ... imo id hold out intell the car has been out 6months to a year that way u can get one that has all the tweaks worked out and not worry about if its comming or not

post #4 of 26 Old 05-12-2009, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
i dont see why people would get angry about there cars not comming on time .. we know theres been problems with there hoods cracking and probably other minor stuff that has 2 be double checked.... IMO we should be lucky 2 see these cars go from concept to production so quick.... also Gm prolly selling the camaro at stupid rates .... its understandible for them 2 make mistakes ... imo id hold out intell the car has been out 6months to a year that way u can get one that has all the tweaks worked out and not worry about if its comming or not
There are NO PROBLEMS WITH THE FRONT FASCIA (hoods cracking). That was addressed by John Fitzpatrick in the Z28.com podcast. It was a KNOWN issue with early CTF cars and was taken care of. As far as people being angry, myself included, it stems from a lack of information, NOT the fact that the cars have been delayed for whatever reason(s). All I ever asked for was a time frame for delivery. Tell me a day, a week, end of next month- just tell me something AND STICK TO IT. That's where the frustration lies. Mine finally shipped yesterday; 8 weeks to the day after it was made. To me, the fact it took that long is still unacceptable. I am still doing my best to help get the remainder of the early cars fixed and released; just because my car shipped doesn't mean I'm going to all of a sudden shut up and ignore my friends who are still stuck in area51.

Long and short, I guess what I'm saying is that everyone expected hiccups in the earl cars; but people expected emergency room service and instead got a 30-day inpatient mental health lockdown.

RJT 2SS/RS roared to life March 16th, 2009
VIN 2G1FT1EW6A9100074
ARRIVED 5/13 day 58 Safely at home-> 5/19

"A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away." - Barry Goldwater
post #5 of 26 Old 05-12-2009, 06:52 AM
Supporter of common sense

I would be patient and be sure my car was being fixed properly instead of wanting GM to rush it to me only to have to ***** about problems later

It will be worth the wait

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #6 of 26 Old 05-12-2009, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAnxious View Post
I would be patient and be sure my car was being fixed properly instead of wanting GM to rush it to me only to have to ***** about problems later

It will be worth the wait
I'm just wondering, do you have a camaro on order? Because you seem like mister positive all the time. I can keep my patience but enough is enough, its not about them getting the car right its about LACK OF INFORMATION thats why everyone is pissed. I just assumed you haven't ordered a car and aren't dealing with this pain and thats why you always defend the dealers and GM.

2005- Midnight blue GTO 6.0
2007- 300 Touring
2010- Camaro 2SS Inferno Orange w/ IO accent interior, M6, sunroof ordered 2/21/09
came to life 4/30/09 vin# 2G1FT1EW2A9105952 delivered: 6/5/09
post #7 of 26 Old 05-12-2009, 07:21 AM
www.camaroscotty.com

Garage
HOw about a 50th annv Corvette? See my VETTE listing

http://www.camaroscotty.com
YAHOO IM:
CamaroScotty / FACEBOOK: Camaro Scotty
post #8 of 26 Old 05-12-2009, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
There are NO PROBLEMS WITH THE FRONT FASCIA (hoods cracking). That was addressed by John Fitzpatrick in the Z28.com podcast. It was a KNOWN issue with early CTF cars and was taken care of. As far as people being angry, myself included, it stems from a lack of information, NOT the fact that the cars have been delayed for whatever reason(s). All I ever asked for was a time frame for delivery. Tell me a day, a week, end of next month- just tell me something AND STICK TO IT. That's where the frustration lies. Mine finally shipped yesterday; 8 weeks to the day after it was made. To me, the fact it took that long is still unacceptable. I am still doing my best to help get the remainder of the early cars fixed and released; just because my car shipped doesn't mean I'm going to all of a sudden shut up and ignore my friends who are still stuck in area51.

Long and short, I guess what I'm saying is that everyone expected hiccups in the earl cars; but people expected emergency room service and instead got a 30-day inpatient mental health lockdown.
Trent,

PM me when you get it. You and I have been thru so much on this deal. I think you will tell me it was well worth the wait. Also Bee Bee Tefferz says give Waldo a big hug from her when you see him.

Scott

Scott Sherman

Please Pray for my daughter Stephanie to win the battle againts Cancer: http://www.bjorn3d.com/stephanie.php
post #9 of 26 Old 05-12-2009, 08:03 AM
Supporter of common sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssump29 View Post
I'm just wondering, do you have a camaro on order? Because you seem like mister positive all the time. I can keep my patience but enough is enough, its not about them getting the car right its about LACK OF INFORMATION thats why everyone is pissed. I just assumed you haven't ordered a car and aren't dealing with this pain and thats why you always defend the dealers and GM.
No, I do not have a Camaro on order.

I understand what is going on can be frusterating, believe me. Some of you folks have been waiting YEARS for this car, I get that. Give it a few more weeks and know you will get a car that is built RIGHT and you can enjoy for many years to come

I've dealt with many similar situations, I do not ALWAYS defend the dealers and GM. I worked in the dealer system for years and saw the BS first hand, trust me. Processes are not perfect, there have been some balls dropped in the Camaro build process for some of you buyers for sure, things happen. I tend to look at the big picture and the glass as half full in life and this is no different. Have faith

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #10 of 26 Old 05-12-2009, 08:13 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
IMO I would rather wait and make sure my Camaro is right then get it quick and then try to explain to your friends why your Camaro is in the shop getting stuff fixed.... Imagine how that would look....

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page