Tired of the wait, found a 2SS/RS coming in!!! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 05-13-2009, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

Tired of the wait, found a 2SS/RS coming in!!!

YES! I am a VERY lucky guy today. I have a few cars on order and NONE of them are moving and since my wife is driving my lease it is costing me money every day.

So, with patience and persistence I was able to find a dealer that has a car coming in this week. 5/15. ABM (rare) 2SS/RS with Auto. Bought it for MSRP and doc fee of 190 dollars.
Vin: 2G1FK1EJ8A9103419
The dealer is in Ann Arbor MI so we will either fly up to get it and drive it home or have it delivered. The sales rep stated I was lucky I put money down on the car when I did because since he has had 3 offers and one over MSRP and he told them it was already sold...

I already have some plans for the car, John Hennessey and I spoke for a while today. Great guy... We also plan on starting on the interior with full custom leather. Should be a supporting vendor within a few weeks.

One question: It states on the paperwork - that the warranty start date is 5/15. Since this is a brand new untitled car how can it start from that date?

With that said if anyone wants my spot with the cars below let me know:
Both are at MSRP and code 3000 / Auto / Black leather / In Central Florida

1. Ordered 4/8 2SS/RS - CGM w/ black stripes and polished wheels - 1000 dollars down check so nothing taken from me as of yet.

2. Ordered 4/28 2SS/RS - Black - 500 down cash (so thats what I need back or and I will put your name on the paperwork or I will let the car go and get my money back)

Jon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-13-2009, 05:53 PM

Congrats on finding a treasure
post #3 of 8 Old 05-13-2009, 05:54 PM

Congrats...

post #4 of 8 Old 05-13-2009, 06:03 PM

Saw the first 5th Gen RS today. Arrived at the dealer I ordered mine at. It was so good to finally put my hand on one. This one is Red V6, but was still nice to see. Checked my order and it's at 3000. Like the Monkey said when he cut his tail off IT WON'T BE LONG NOW!!! 2SS/RS Inferno Orange with black rally stripes. MXO trans. SWEET!!!
post #5 of 8 Old 05-15-2009, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indpowr View Post
YES! I am a VERY lucky guy today. I have a few cars on order and NONE of them are moving and since my wife is driving my lease it is costing me money every day.

So, with patience and persistence I was able to find a dealer that has a car coming in this week. 5/15. ABM (rare) 2SS/RS with Auto. Bought it for MSRP and doc fee of 190 dollars.
Vin: 2G1FK1EJ8A9103419
The dealer is in Ann Arbor MI so we will either fly up to get it and drive it home or have it delivered. The sales rep stated I was lucky I put money down on the car when I did because since he has had 3 offers and one over MSRP and he told them it was already sold...

I already have some plans for the car, John Hennessey and I spoke for a while today. Great guy... We also plan on starting on the interior with full custom leather. Should be a supporting vendor within a few weeks.

One question: It states on the paperwork - that the warranty start date is 5/15. Since this is a brand new untitled car how can it start from that date?

1. Ordered 4/8 2SS/RS - CGM w/ black stripes and polished wheels - 1000 dollars down check so nothing taken from me as of yet.

2. Ordered 4/28 2SS/RS - Black - 500 down cash (so thats what I need back or and I will put your name on the paperwork or I will let the car go and get my money back)

Jon

Jon:

Looking forward to working with you sir....Have a safe trip. On the warranty, it should be the day you sign the title paperwork.

Speak to you soon,
James
post #6 of 8 Old 05-17-2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indpowr View Post

Jon
This and dealers ordering more than their allotments are why some folks have to wait longer to get there cars and others can just stumble on car that someone backed out on. I'm sure your 4 or 5 cars are being built while mine that I ordered in Oct will take a backseat.

And why worry about a warranty if you are going to void it with aftermarket stuff anyway?
post #7 of 8 Old 05-17-2009, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criminal View Post
This and dealers ordering more than their allotments are why some folks have to wait longer to get there cars and others can just stumble on car that someone backed out on. I'm sure your 4 or 5 cars are being built while mine that I ordered in Oct will take a backseat.

And why worry about a warranty if you are going to void it with aftermarket stuff anyway?
Not true. Every car I put a deposit on was a car already ordered by the dealer.

FYI we have an RP6 car stuck at 3000 and a car stuck in QC hell since 4/15...
post #8 of 8 Old 05-17-2009, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criminal View Post

Someone ordering a car in April should in no way impact your order that was placed in Oct.... CHILL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page