Need help with stripes.... - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 05-14-2009, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

Question Need help with stripes....

My dealer doesn't sound to confident in there ability to install my stripes when the car comes in. Here's my problem, do I let them do it becuase it's free or do I take it some place else and pay for it? Is it that hard to install the stripes, could I do it my self? If I pay to have it done what should I expect to pay? All thoughts welcomed and appreciated. Thanks.

ON ORDER: 2LT YELLOW W/ BLACK STRIPES, RS, SUN ROOF Ordered 10/18/08 Build 5/07/09 #8497 Status 4B00 5/08/09 4200 5/19/09 Home 6/10/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-14-2009, 03:20 PM
Camaro Focus Group Member

they're not that bad. we never had installed stripes before and we did ours ourselves.

the GM stripes seem a little easier since you can use solution and spray the crap out of the stripes and the hood. slide 'em into place, squeegie out the water, and voila!

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
post #3 of 5 Old 05-14-2009, 03:24 PM

If the dealer doesn't want to do it, then it is up to the dealer to pay to have the stripes put on, not you. If they do choose to put them on and then mess them up, then they will have to pay to have it redone, not you, Sounds more like a issue for the dealer to figure out, rather then you.

post #4 of 5 Old 05-14-2009, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

They said they would do it if I wanted them to. My problem is I don't want to deal with the hassel if they f them up or god forbid the paint! So this is why I'm thinking about paying to put them on. I don't now anything about how they are done. I've done a little wrench turning but nothing like this. Thanks!

ON ORDER: 2LT YELLOW W/ BLACK STRIPES, RS, SUN ROOF Ordered 10/18/08 Build 5/07/09 #8497 Status 4B00 5/08/09 4200 5/19/09 Home 6/10/09
post #5 of 5 Old 05-14-2009, 04:29 PM

GM pays the dealer a certain amount for labor to install them, maybe 2 hours (that's what my salesman thought it was). My dealer said I can have whoever I want install the stripes and the dealer will pay them what GM would have paid for the dealer to install. If it costs over that, you may need to make up the difference.

If they are not willing to contribute that to getting them installed, then I'd make them do it. With the dealer installing them, if you are not satisfied with the final product, I would think you could complain and they would have to do them over. (they will come up without ruining the paint...so I've heard)

I think I'll be taking mine to a body show that I do the computer work for, they assured me he does amazing work.

-Brad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page