The Dealer mark up? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 05-15-2009, 12:30 AM Thread Starter

The Dealer mark up?

In my 45 years on this earth I have yet to own a new car. I've always gravitated towards the old school 60's cars, and that's all I've ever owned. My mid-life crisis started when I was 18 I guess. Nothing new ever was worth buying, till now. I've been talking to a local dealer about ordering a 2SS/RS, and came in today to pay the dues and go for it. Going over the paperwork and not only was I looking at a car that was coming in built and not ordering a car like I had specified, but I see the little $7K dealer mark up at the bottom of the pricing column. I couldn't believe all this time I was thinking I was paying MSRP, and then at the last minute it's a nice fat 7 grand pork charge. Needless to say I left pretty pissed and with no car. I've done copious checking locally and found the lowest mark up to be $3k. I guess that will be the way I go, but I'm far from happy about it. What are you guys paying out there? I'm in Washington.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 05-15-2009, 01:05 AM

GM Supplier discount is what I should end up paying, so a bit below MSRP. Add that dealer to the list of bad dealers. Heck for 7k markup it would be worth it for you to order from Classic and have the car shipped up there.
post #3 of 12 Old 05-15-2009, 01:39 AM

thats bull im ordering with gm employee discount so ill be about 5 thousand below msrp

post #4 of 12 Old 05-15-2009, 01:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS/RS View Post
thats bull im ordering with gm employee discount so ill be about 5 thousand below msrp
Oh this just gets better all the time. The yahoo at the dealership said even employees pay $2k over msrp.
post #5 of 12 Old 05-15-2009, 01:56 AM

wtf is up with that dealer thats no discount its still a mark-up go find another dealer shop around in near cities if you havent already, on a side note i may be wrong on that high of a discount let me find the thread that i saw that in
post #6 of 12 Old 05-15-2009, 02:11 AM Thread Starter

The other dealer I talked to said at MSRP they only make $900 per car. Either way here in the Seatte area, everybody is marked up. And people are paying it.
post #7 of 12 Old 05-15-2009, 02:22 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Get with one of the 3 dealer sponsor on the site MSRP only no mark up

Eric with Classic Chevy
or
Mac Mulkin Chevy
or
Camaro Scotty with Newman

All will treat you right and no getting raked over the coals...

I got mine at MSRP and the GM told me they are only making about $700 on the V-6's

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #8 of 12 Old 05-15-2009, 02:28 AM

post #9 of 12 Old 05-15-2009, 04:09 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS/RS View Post
You must be getting the ultra loaded with everything. Even then I think it's only about 4K max. For a 2SS, base price savings is about 2600 below MSRP for GMS.

My own order came out to be:
MSRP $38,265.00 GMS price $35,301.75

Check out plane flights or shipping options. In our case, it's 148 bucks each if we hopped on a plane one way to Dallas...so that's what we're going to do. Our order is through Classic Chevrolet (a site sponsor) in Grapevine, TX. Them and Newman are the only ones I think that's here that are accepting the discounts.

All in all, we're still saving 2700 below MSRP. Definitely worth the trip.

$7K over sticker...sheesh. If you're not in a hurry, just wait...prices will drop.

2010 2SS/RS Auto, Sunroof, Engine Cover. Transformer Edition package.
2013 ZL1 ragtop #5478. 1 of 54 CRT M6 'verts.

Last edited by el ess X; 05-15-2009 at 04:11 AM.
post #10 of 12 Old 05-15-2009, 05:32 AM

I would wait until August after the initial gotta have the first one on the block phase is over. THey will be all over the place and greatly reduced in price by then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page