Got some depressing news today :-( - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 05-15-2009, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

Got some depressing news today :-(

I called GM to get a status update on where my car is, and they told me that it needs to make a stop somewhere to be "inspected". I asked if this had to do with the battery cable issue, and he said he was unsure. They told me my car would arrive at the dealership in 20 days, maybe less. I was really hoping to squeeze through this QC issue and get the car next week, but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen.

Past Camaros: 2000 Camaro SS 6-Speed,
1999 Camaro Z28 A4, 1994 Camaro Z28 A4

Delivered: 2SS/RS CGM M6 - VIN #7460
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-15-2009, 12:41 PM

I feel for you. I'm right there with you. I wish I could time worp ahead about 3 weeks so the wait wouldn't be so hard. Been watching this car since 2006. So close, but yet so far away!!! I wish so hard everyday that I will hear some good news. Just when we think we are almost there, another road block. Unbelievable!!!!!!!
post #3 of 6 Old 05-15-2009, 12:43 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
I wonder if they are only doing this the V-8s cause mine is a V-6 and built on 4-30 and got it yeasterday 5-14 two weeks

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.

post #4 of 6 Old 05-15-2009, 12:45 PM

Isn't it amazing that our cars are built in one day, but it takes 4 weeks to clear Quality Control. Its like they must have very little staff handling this QC process.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-15-2009, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaproshop View Post
I wonder if they are only doing this the V-8s cause mine is a V-6 and built on 4-30 and got it yeasterday 5-14 two weeks
I think that is the case. I have a feeling it's the battery cable issue, but not sure since they don't have any conclusive information. Mine was built on May 4th and left the plant on a train on May 7th. I have no idea when it got to Quality Control, but they said it could be less than 20 days, so I'm hoping!!!

post #6 of 6 Old 05-15-2009, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
Isn't it amazing that our cars are built in one day, but it takes 4 weeks to clear Quality Control. Its like they must have very little staff handling this QC process.
I completely agree. The only thing I can think is that they build these cars so quick, and so many are coming off the line, that they are now completely backed up at Quality Control. I can only hope that our cars get fixed quick and sent out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page