Numbers? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 05-16-2009, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

Numbers?

Since over 10,000 have been built, does anyone know how many have been delivered, and how many are stuck in the dreaded Quality Control!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-16-2009, 11:40 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
Since over 10,000 have been built, does anyone know how many have been delivered, and how many are stuck in the dreaded Quality Control!
were there really that many built,, I hope thats true that is good news

post #3 of 10 Old 05-16-2009, 11:45 AM

i would say probably half are still in quality control

post #4 of 10 Old 05-17-2009, 11:25 AM
Camaro Focus Group Member

i don't think it's half... but maybe about 2,000 or so. just a guess *shrug*

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
post #5 of 10 Old 05-17-2009, 11:51 AM

seems to me they really started cranking them out the week of may 7,but the vast number of them have not been delivered.just too bad they wont tell the end purchasers whats going on i mean just enough to kill all the silly rumors not to mention its even harder to wait once you know its built....#8586 signing off for now..............
post #6 of 10 Old 05-17-2009, 12:02 PM

Over 10,000 have been built, but keep in mind the cars built for the dealer's "stock", the early build promotional cars (Hendrick etc), the rental cars etc. In my opinion, reality may be that only a few thousand "sold" cars might by be done or on the way. The ramp up is evident because for the first time I have producition info from my dealer and an approximate build time frame. Mine was ordered on 10/15 from a small but a great dealer to work with and only until last week was production information given to them. I think you'll seem them start to roll out about 2500 cars a week and get through the sold pre orders by mid August.
post #7 of 10 Old 05-17-2009, 12:08 PM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

I wonder how many of those built were V6 cars. I wish they would quit making the V6 inventory cars and focus solely on the pre-ordered cars like several of us are waiting on. I'm seeing V6 cars sitting around as inventory, obviously not pre-ordered. The only SS's I see for sale are at price gouging slimeball dealerships. MSRP V8 cars sell very quickly.

Forged Wheel Dealer, contact me for a quote! www.DV8Motoring.com

Co-Founder, LS1Tech.com & PlanetLSX.com - 2010 Camaro SS - CGM - 2SS/RS - M6
post #8 of 10 Old 05-17-2009, 12:44 PM

Garage
I ordered on 11-18-09, I just got some news that my dealer will start to receive some pre-orders this week, I know six have been built, #1 is stuck in QC and I being #10 will start build this week 5-18, anyone know how long before I receive it, I don't want someone stealing my order since I will be out of town in June, I hope to have a vin before I go
post #9 of 10 Old 05-17-2009, 12:47 PM
Veteran Member

if you think about it, it makes sense that they would build some inventory cars before preorders. It sucks as a customer but GM has basically 14000 sold cars without test drives and such, and most of those people gave a deposit and they are not going to cancel. So by giving dealers stock first and getting around to orders little by little they are selling more cars, not that they would have a problem selling these anyway tho. JMO

IBM 2SS/RS, M6, Blk Leather...
CAI, ARH Headers, Flowmasters, Diablosport tuned, Barton short-throw
Ordered 3/19 Delivered 8/12 VIN# 21970
94' Z28 sold 12/14/09
post #10 of 10 Old 05-17-2009, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
I wonder how many of those built were V6 cars. I wish they would quit making the V6 inventory cars and focus solely on the pre-ordered cars like several of us are waiting on. I'm seeing V6 cars sitting around as inventory, obviously not pre-ordered. The only SS's I see for sale are at price gouging slimeball dealerships. MSRP V8 cars sell very quickly.
Isn't it going to be at least 6,000 inventory, rental and show-off cars? If so it is very annoying and GM still has somewhere around 10,000 pre-orders to still build and deliver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page