"HEY CHEVY, PLEASE RESPOND!!!!!!!" - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 48 Old 05-19-2009, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 118
 
"HEY CHEVY, PLEASE RESPOND!!!!!!!"

I woul d to think people from Chevy monitor these forums. COULD YOU PLEASE TELL WHY A CAR THAT YOU BUILD IN A DAY HAS TO SIT IN QUALITY CONTROL FOR WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!! My frustration level is at all time high. A lot of us are probably fianancing a portion of the cost of the purchase, for which have lock in periods usually at 30 days. This delay is causing more than just wait frustration. And nobody knows what the QUALITY ISSUES ARE!! COME ON CHEVY, YOU OWE US MORE THAN THIS!! WE BEEN COMMITED TO YOU FOR YEARS. SHOW SOME COMMITMENT BACK TO US!!!!!!!
Big Red is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 48 Old 05-19-2009, 12:16 PM
Camaro Focus Group Member
 
SunsetHawkSelena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 3,420
 
it's a hard wait. i was in your shoes just a little over a week ago. just hang in there. the cars are starting to ship out of QC at a pretty good clip now... mine... Octane's... Trent's... Teri's... and more.

hang in there. it WILL ship out. GM is doing everything they can to correct problems before we get the cars. they don't want us to have problems with our cars. they need to make a good impression with the Camaro. the Camaro has a lot of "conquest sales" and if they do this car right, then those people may by future GM vehicles.

it takes a lot to build a car... let alone a brand new car. believe me, they want us to all have our cars right now... but they are working thru the kinks. just drink a lot of beer and find something to pass the time. that's what i did. and now the wait is a distant memory for me... and i can't believe i was so worked up during that time period.

hope that helps



"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
SunsetHawkSelena is offline  
post #3 of 48 Old 05-19-2009, 12:33 PM
Member
 
ricku1967's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 395
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetHawkSelena View Post
it's a hard wait. i was in your shoes just a little over a week ago. just hang in there. the cars are starting to ship out of QC at a pretty good clip now... mine... Octane's... Trent's... Teri's... and more.

hang in there. it WILL ship out. GM is doing everything they can to correct problems before we get the cars. they don't want us to have problems with our cars. they need to make a good impression with the Camaro. the Camaro has a lot of "conquest sales" and if they do this car right, then those people may by future GM vehicles.

it takes a lot to build a car... let alone a brand new car. believe me, they want us to all have our cars right now... but they are working thru the kinks. just drink a lot of beer and find something to pass the time. that's what i did. and now the wait is a distant memory for me... and i can't believe i was so worked up during that time period.

hope that helps
well said

1100: 2/23/09
2000: 8/7/09 (finally)
3000: 8/11/09 (TPW 9/14)
3300: 9/2/09
3400: 9/14/09
3800: 9/22/09 vin 48156 has been born
ricku1967 is offline  
 
post #4 of 48 Old 05-19-2009, 12:38 PM
Veteran Member
 
weland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: S.F. Bay Area
Posts: 3,900
  
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetHawkSelena View Post
it's a hard wait. i was in your shoes just a little over a week ago. just hang in there. the cars are starting to ship out of QC at a pretty good clip now... mine... Octane's... Trent's... Teri's... and more.

hang in there. it WILL ship out. GM is doing everything they can to correct problems before we get the cars. they don't want us to have problems with our cars. they need to make a good impression with the Camaro. the Camaro has a lot of "conquest sales" and if they do this car right, then those people may by future GM vehicles.

it takes a lot to build a car... let alone a brand new car. believe me, they want us to all have our cars right now... but they are working thru the kinks. just drink a lot of beer and find something to pass the time. that's what i did. and now the wait is a distant memory for me... and i can't believe i was so worked up during that time period.

hope that helps
Regardless of the virtue of patience, it's still unacceptable. Let's just hope these are the growing pains of a company trying to revamp it's image in a meaningful way (first-rate quality out the gate).

Still legal in 16 states. It's happy. It's fun. It's Happy Fun Car.
Do not taunt Happy Fun Car.
weland is offline  
post #5 of 48 Old 05-19-2009, 12:41 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,136
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by weland View Post
Regardless of the virtue of patience, it's still unacceptable. Let's just hope these are the growing pains of a company trying to revamp it's image in a meaningful way (first-rate quality out the gate).
I know how you feel...I was wondering, where can we send our Therapists' bills too?
DET MSCL is offline  
post #6 of 48 Old 05-19-2009, 12:55 PM
Member
 
ricku1967's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 395
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DET MSCL View Post
I know how you feel...I was wondering, where can we send our Therapists' bills too?

1100: 2/23/09
2000: 8/7/09 (finally)
3000: 8/11/09 (TPW 9/14)
3300: 9/2/09
3400: 9/14/09
3800: 9/22/09 vin 48156 has been born
ricku1967 is offline  
post #7 of 48 Old 05-19-2009, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 118
 
I just want to hear, FROM CHEVY, what are the QC issues and why does it take 4 weeks or more to correct them. A little communication would cool alot of flames. But every time I try to get some answers, nobody know nothing. NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Big Red is offline  
post #8 of 48 Old 05-19-2009, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 118
 
To all of you that have gotten your cars, I am very happy for you. You have to understand I ordered the 1st day my dealer would take an order, just like most of you that have gotten your Camaros. I'm still waiting, with no light at the end of the tunnel. Even if it cleared QC today, I'm probably 3 to 4 weeks from delivery.
Big Red is offline  
post #9 of 48 Old 05-19-2009, 01:11 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,136
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
I just want to hear, FROM CHEVY, what are the QC issues and why does it take 4 weeks or more to correct them. A little communication would cool alot of flames. But every time I try to get some answers, nobody know nothing. NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From the recent SS deliveries I have seen on this forum, it appears there is an 8 - 9 week QC process from birth to delivery for early VINs...it is painful, but that has at least allowed me to re-set my expectations... (which I agree, would be / have been nice to hear direct from GM)

When I called Chevy Customer Service yesterday, I was told they can not give me an ETA...not sure why not...maybe they do not know the "E" means estimated...
DET MSCL is offline  
post #10 of 48 Old 05-19-2009, 01:26 PM
Junior Member
 
fuel-1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 77
 
and at least yours is built, i ordered in Oct. and still nothing, hasnt been even picked for production, many of us are still waiting w/o even having a acutal car built and sitting in QC
fuel-1985 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome