Phone call from my dealer, - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 05-19-2009, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Phone call from my dealer,

My dealer called today and asked me if I called the 1800 # loooking for my car. He sounded kind of pissed not at me at GM. When I called the 1800# I even put in a good word for my dealer. Anyway they called my dealer and broke thier chops which wasnt my intention I just wanted a ballpark figure on my tpw. So he asked to please call the dealership not GM for info, which I will do. the last part of the conversation was pretty cool he said I moved up im #6 (10 allocations was 13) not sure how but im psyched, 2 cars delivered already 4 to go. Not sure how to take any of it just hopefull I am a bit closer to getting my car, September might not be unrealistic

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-19-2009, 11:16 PM

I dont know why dealers are getting so pissed about people calling the 800 #. I know that going through your dealer is generally the best way to go but some of us aren't lucky enough to have dealers like the ones that are on this forum. I have asked my dealer 4 separate times for status updates and am currently on day two of waiting for a call back. I feel bad bugging the dealers on here every week for an update but it seems to be my only good option so far. Other than the lack of info I get, my dealer seems fine. But I'm getting pretty close to calling the number.
post #3 of 9 Old 05-20-2009, 07:29 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl202 View Post
I dont know why dealers are getting so pissed about people calling the 800 #. I know that going through your dealer is generally the best way to go but some of us aren't lucky enough to have dealers like the ones that are on this forum. I have asked my dealer 4 separate times for status updates and am currently on day two of waiting for a call back. I feel bad bugging the dealers on here every week for an update but it seems to be my only good option so far. Other than the lack of info I get, my dealer seems fine. But I'm getting pretty close to calling the number.
I actually told my sales man I called it he was cool with it, the call i got was from the sales manager, If I hd gotten more info I wouldnt have called the 1800 # I actually got some info I didnt get from my dealer from the call,,

post #4 of 9 Old 05-20-2009, 07:56 AM

My understanding is that if you call the 800 number they are calling your dealer. This also goes down as a compaint against your dealer frome what I understand. I found this out when someone at the dealership told me to call the 800 number to find out about the welcome package. Guess what, GM called the dealer and put it down as a complaint. I wasn't complaining at all. I was doing what the dealership asked me to do.
post #5 of 9 Old 05-20-2009, 08:06 AM
745RWHP, 660RWTQ

screw those slacking dealers, if they would do their jobs, we would'nt have to call the 800#. YOU are the customer, and you are buying the car. more dealers need to take lessons from scotty and eric.

BOURQUE'S HOT RODS
[email protected], 1.455 60'
Built 376ci, TH400 Trans
post #6 of 9 Old 05-20-2009, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp2010redjewel View Post
My understanding is that if you call the 800 number they are calling your dealer. This also goes down as a compaint against your dealer frome what I understand. I found this out when someone at the dealership told me to call the 800 number to find out about the welcome package. Guess what, GM called the dealer and put it down as a complaint. I wasn't complaining at all. I was doing what the dealership asked me to do.
I didnt know that if there were more info available this wouldnt be an issue, I am hanging in there and being patient, but an idea when the car might arrive isnt too much of us all to ask

post #7 of 9 Old 05-20-2009, 11:54 AM
745RWHP, 660RWTQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucker15 View Post
I didnt know that if there were more info available this wouldnt be an issue, I am hanging in there and being patient, but an idea when the car might arrive isnt too much of us all to ask

you ,me, and everybody else feels the same as you!

BOURQUE'S HOT RODS
[email protected], 1.455 60'
Built 376ci, TH400 Trans
post #8 of 9 Old 05-20-2009, 03:02 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucker15 View Post
Especially if the dealer tells you that once it arrives you have 1 week to take delivery, which is my situation. I expect be told when it ships, not only after it arrives on the lot.

Still legal in 16 states. It's happy. It's fun. It's Happy Fun Car.
Do not taunt Happy Fun Car.
post #9 of 9 Old 05-20-2009, 03:29 PM

I see nothing wrong with checking the status on your car...whether through the dealer or through GM "customer care". I can attest to the fact that every
time I speak with a customer service rep @ GM I get an attitude unbecoming
of a "customer service" rep, in fact they make me feel as if I'm just impatient
and an annoyance. One would think their attitude would be more appreciative and that they would do more to reach out to the end-users. I have been disappointed with the treatment I have received thus far, I'm spending money here - I am not asking for any favors, just a status. With the advancement of technology one would think you wouldn't even need to speak to a rep, you'd just login to their site, check the status digitally...

/rant
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page