Went for a Test Drive Today - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 05-20-2009, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Went for a Test Drive Today

I went over to the local dealer today and test drove a Black, V6, automatic Camaro.

I have to say that the first thing I checked out was the fit and finish. This included the under-hood area after the sky is falling thread from the other day. The under-hood area was completely painted. No missed spots.

I sat in and opened and closed the door a couple times checking out the window as it lowered, Seemed to work well and so fast you'd hardly know it's doing it.

The buttons for the climate control and radio took a few seconds to figure out. Once I figured it out I had ice cold air flowing from the vents and a decent local station coming in clearly on the radio.

Once the interior cooled down I turned off the radio and pulled off the lot. This car is tight and quiet inside !!! No squeaks or rattles. On the highway there was very little noise. In town the car is easy to maneuver and I got plenty of looks and people pointing....I think they approved as well. Driving over railroad tracks and patched pavement still gave a superb ride.

I played with the paddle shifters momentarily and they worked for me ok. I was in town and didn't have any intention of reaming out this car since it would one day be someone else's baby.

The V6 with the automatic transmission is more than up to the task and moves the car extremely well when the fun peddle it pushed. 304 hp and 29 mpg!!!

GM has done a great job on this car. It will turn heads, race hearts, and it kicks ass. I can't wait to drive a 2SS and will continue to pray for a convertible trim option in the future.

Thank you GM for building this car!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-20-2009, 01:41 PM
Veteran Member

I concur 100%!
post #3 of 4 Old 05-20-2009, 03:01 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
You can say that again It is alot of car for a V-6 i love mine

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.

post #4 of 4 Old 05-20-2009, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Add some go fast goodies and many people would have a hard time believing it had a V6.

I hope the aftermarket suppliers for V6 performance is stong for this car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page