Modern Camaro Forums banner

Autoweek: Camaro moved up to 2008

3K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Z28 Autobot 
#1 ·
http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060208/FREE/60208005/1024/LATESTNEWS

Is Blue Devil Alive? Chevy Performance Might Be Heating Up

By WES RAYNAL

AutoWeek | Published 02/08/06, 1:28 pm et

Chevy officials at the Chicago auto show aren't comfirming that a higher-performance version of the Corvette Z06, called Blue Devil, is under development. But they certainly are not downplaying the possibilities.

"We'd love to have it," said Ed Peper, Chevrolet general manager.

Sources say the Blue Devil might go with a supercharged version of the Z06's 7.0-liter V8, producing upward of 600 hp. Look for lightweight carbon fiber body parts to reduce weight to about 2900 pounds.

Pricing will likely start somewhere around $100,000 if and when the car makes production in 2007.

"My guess is we're going to find a way to do something beyond the Z06, that would be at a much higher price point, and which would compete with some of the leading high-performance cars of the world,'' GM vice chairman Bob Lutz told us last July.

One other hot rumor swirling around Detroit: Camaro produciton has been moved forward, from 2009 to 2008.

See less See more
#3 ·
Uumm, wrong article Chris.

#5 ·
Ah, I'm an idiot.

Nothing to see here, carry on........

#7 ·
Entertaining... I think 2009 is too late for the Camaro anyways, b/c you end up diminishing the great reception to the concept over too long of a time.

#13 ·
wow and WOW...I think GM really hit the ball out of the park on this one and know it...With the trucks getting all set to go and out on the streets the focus can be put back to Camaro..and fast tracking it with as much parts bin stuff as you can..well its gotta be done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.