I really want this car to be perfect.
Alright, I'm going to get a little nit-picky here. Let me know if I am totally out of line here, or if these things bug you too.
I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist at times. There are some little things that bug me about the car that would have been easy catches, but I think everyone was so caught up in making a totally awesome car that some of the little things got overlooked.
Maybe GM can sort some of this out in the next model year...?
1. No binder for the owners manual. Every car I have purchased has had one. I didn't buy a KIA! (heck, maybe Kia's even have one
2. No rear seat floor mats. I know there isn't much to the back seat, but they help keep the carpet floor clean. UPDATE: competition does include rear floor mats, so it makes sense the Camaro wouldn't, they are available from GM Parts
3. Home link garage door opener has no light in the dark, making it a little hard to find, even more so since it is not centered in the overhead area.
4. Trunk button also is not lit up. This one doesn't bother me as much since I don't find myself reaching for it in the dark. UPDATE: I guess it isn't lit up on a lot of cars since it's on the remote, I guess I have just been spoiled
5. I can't insert a CD into the slot when the power is off. I can eject it though, you just can't insert one.
6. No small little cubby to throw coins in.
7. When dialing via bluetooth link cell phone, if I use voice commands to dial, why doesn't it let me listen to the ringing. I always miss the first 2 seconds of the call which sometimes makes people hang up on me if they think no one is there. I find myself watching the radio display to see when the call is connected because I don't hear the 'hello', I should be watching the road, that's the purpose of hands free, right? UPDATE: If I initiate dialing from the phone, I hear it ringing through the speakers, it is only the voice command dialing.
8. The express up and down on the windows is funky, doesn't always work, expecially when I am trying to roll up both windows, I haven't quite figured this one out yet...UPDATE: I think I am holding the button too long, there seems to me a small window where I have to let go of the buttons. For me, if I hold it all the way until the window is half way, then let go, it stops in the middle, but if I just hold it firmly for a quarter second or so, then the express feature works.
9. I love the digital spedometer, so much that I never look at the anolog one. I like that it tells me what speed I set the cruise at, but why does that sit on the display for 6 or 7 seconds? 1 second would be plenty. UPDATE / WORKAROUND: You can press the 'set/clear' button on the end of the stick to switch back to the speedo right away
That's all the little ones. I still have to listen to my wife complain every time she sits in it that she is sitting too low, especially when we are going into the sun and the little visor does absolutely no good,(UPDATE: visor size limited for safety ratings)
so it would be real nice if the passenger seat had an up / down adjustment. And it really bugs me that 1 out of 10 times I start it up it doesn't recognize my ipod...
But, like I said, I LOVE MY CAR! And I wouldn't trade it for anything.
And for those who know, I was thinking about a V6 at first and even intially ordered it as a V6...YES, I am glad I got the V8. There is nothing wrong with getting the V6, and I would be just as happy with that, but if you can afford the V8, get it.
(2,200 miles and going strong