"Pulled" Allocations?? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 07-22-2009, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

"Pulled" Allocations??

Hey guys/gals,

I've been stalking this forum literally freaking out about these Camaros for the past few months. I seriously lucked-out at our local dealer the other day as I finally made the decision to order (Black 2LT/RS) and he had an allocation open!

Well, as he went to order he started having issues with the computer and couldn't go through with it again until yesterday, which he said was his "build date." The order went in and everything looked good... until he called me today.

He said that for some reason or another, Camaro allocations were being pulled across our entire region, (south-east) and there wasn't anything he could do about it until August. I could tell he was extremely upset about the situation so I don't assume he's taking me for a ride on that one. Although I do recall that as we were putting the order through, he found out he had another camaro coming in. Probably irrelevant and not a big deal.

My question is, do any of you guys have an idea what might be up? I know there are major complaints about pre-orders not even being fulfilled yet- might they finally be doing something about it the DAY after I ordered?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-23-2009, 06:01 PM

I can't/won't comment on his dates or region.

I can tell you that occasionally our region (North Central) does lose production. A few weeks ago, at just our store, we lost 6 Cobalts and 8 Traverse that were at status code 2000 or beyond. GM decided to cut production. I have no idea how many pieces the region and/or the nation lost, or what vehicle lines were affected.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-23-2009, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the information- a bit of a bummer to hear, but not too surprising I guess.

I know worse things have happened but I'm just so pumped to finally own one of these! Haha... hopefully I won't hear the same news after another month of waiting.

...Or maybe at this point I'm better off just browsing lots.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page