2LT vs Mustang(s), results? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 07-22-2009, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

2LT vs Mustang(s), results?

I've got a camaro baking in the oven and I know I'm going to get a lot of flack from by buddies who have mustangs. I know next to nothing about anything ford because.. well its ford. Anways, what are the different types of mustangs out there? Also, if the two were going to go to the track and race what would the 2LT be able to keep up with, from what I can tell everything except the GT and Shelby?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 07-22-2009, 08:20 PM
Veteran Member

I would think you'd even "keep up with" a stock GT. NOT SAYING you'd beat a GT, but if you're a better driver...you'd make it close.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #3 of 20 Old 07-22-2009, 08:26 PM
Veteran Member

For sure you can beat the Base Stang and the GT, but the V6 camaro doesn't stand a chance against the Shelby.

Keep in mind the GT is highly tunable, so don't get too cocky- as the owner may have done some mods (as most do )

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

post #4 of 20 Old 07-22-2009, 08:30 PM

the 2010 mustang gt does 0-60 in 4.9 seconds while the v6 camaro does it in just over 6 seconds. The older model mustang gts do it in about 5.2. But, you have to keep in mind that the gt is a V8 with 315 hp while the camaro is a V6 with 304 hp. The regular stang is a v6 pushing a little over 200 hp so the camaro v6 and v8 blow it out of the water. bottom line, the ss camaro is the fastest other than the mustang gt500 which is i believe supercharged. SS 0-60 time is 4.7 seconds
post #5 of 20 Old 07-22-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
For sure you can beat the Base Stang and the GT, but the V6 camaro doesn't stand a chance against the Shelby.

Keep in mind the GT is highly tunable, so don't get too cocky- as the owner may have done some mods (as most do )

V6 Camaro don't stand a chance to a stock GT with both drivers being comparable.
But he should walk all over the V6 Mustangs.
post #6 of 20 Old 07-22-2009, 08:33 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackGT View Post
V6 Camaro don't stand a chance to a stock GT with both drivers being comparable.
But he should walk all over the V6 Mustangs.
Maybe I shoulda used the term "keep up with" as well

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
post #7 of 20 Old 07-22-2009, 08:44 PM

Off topic, Tag the White car in your sig. has Ford fanblade rims. Same rims that came on my car stock.
post #8 of 20 Old 07-22-2009, 08:52 PM

On that note. If anyone in my area has an LT/SS and would like to race an 03 GT with minor mods/tune, I'd be more than happy to accomodate.
post #9 of 20 Old 07-22-2009, 08:53 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackGT View Post
Off topic, Tag the White car in your sig. has Ford fanblade rims. Same rims that came on my car stock.
They were also on the Camaro Convertible concept.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
post #10 of 20 Old 07-22-2009, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

Alrighty, good information to know. Sucks that I rarely see a v6 mustang lol, are all v8's GT? or is there a v8 that is a level below a GT? Like I said I don't follow fords at all

Last edited by BaylorAirForce; 07-22-2009 at 10:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page