What do you think? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 07-22-2009, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
ThunderSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East of Houston
Posts: 167
 
What do you think?

Called my Sales Manager today, asked him where I was, and he looked it up, and says I was at status 2500.
Just to double check I asked in the check status Thread, and they list me at 1100..
So who is right? My sales man or the other sales managers on here?
dont get me wrong, I am not saying anybody here is giving incorrect info. by no means.. I am very grateful that they take time out of their schedules to check on our updates.
I am just trying to figure out whats going on....

Signed
Confused.....

2010 Camaro RS/SS HKE Forged 416 CID Stroker /2005 Silver Cadillac Escalade
http://www.fquick.com/ThunderZ28
510 HP/482 Ft. Lbs

Last edited by ThunderSS; 07-23-2009 at 05:05 AM.
ThunderSS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old 07-22-2009, 08:34 PM
Veteran Member
 
POWERFREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 7,873
  
I think your salesman is just telling you what you want to hear. Why would someone here give you the wrong info (unless they made a mistake)?

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
POWERFREAK is offline  
post #3 of 8 Old 07-23-2009, 12:03 AM
Veteran Member
 
Out Of Focus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Evansville, Indiana
Posts: 1,210
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
I think your salesman is just telling you what you want to hear. Why would someone here give you the wrong info (unless they made a mistake)?
Yup

Current: 00 z28 M6 T-tops
Past: 74 Stingray Vette, 99 Silverado 2500, 01 SS A4 T-tops, 95 z28 A4 T-tops, 96 v6 A4 T-tops (project), 97 v6 A4
RIP: 95 z28 M6
Out Of Focus is offline  
 
post #4 of 8 Old 07-23-2009, 12:14 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 470
 
I'd check again on Tuesday. It is an automatic jump from 2000 to 3000 once the order is accepted, so that should happen by then.

I remember my dealer telling me that when they put the order in to be accepted, they could wait and the system would automatically accept it over the weekend, but instead, my dealer says he always does something to force it through right away, just so he knows there isn't any problem with it. Your dealer may just be waiting for that automatic acceptance to happen.

-Brad
bgrorud is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old 07-23-2009, 05:06 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
ThunderSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East of Houston
Posts: 167
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrorud View Post
I'd check again on Tuesday. It is an automatic jump from 2000 to 3000 once the order is accepted, so that should happen by then.

I remember my dealer telling me that when they put the order in to be accepted, they could wait and the system would automatically accept it over the weekend, but instead, my dealer says he always does something to force it through right away, just so he knows there isn't any problem with it. Your dealer may just be waiting for that automatic acceptance to happen.

-Brad
You know it's funny you say that..
when I ordered my car, he said the same exact thing...
**********GASP!!!!***********

Are you my salesman???????????

2010 Camaro RS/SS HKE Forged 416 CID Stroker /2005 Silver Cadillac Escalade
http://www.fquick.com/ThunderZ28
510 HP/482 Ft. Lbs
ThunderSS is offline  
post #6 of 8 Old 07-23-2009, 09:21 PM
Junior Member
 
bono83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 41
 
You can ask your dealer to show you the GM Workbench printout so you can see for yourself.
bono83 is offline  
post #7 of 8 Old 07-23-2009, 09:50 PM
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 24
 
I asked for an order status here at one point and he said it was at 3800, however at that point it had already shipped based on my workbench report I got a week later from my dealer.

So I think you should go by the info your dealer has on their login, and ask for a printout of the report so you can see what his is saying is legit (as stated before)
Badkarma is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old 07-24-2009, 07:20 AM
WH1
Junior Member
 
WH1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Munford, TN
Posts: 68
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badkarma View Post
I asked for an order status here at one point and he said it was at 3800, however at that point it had already shipped based on my workbench report I got a week later from my dealer.

So I think you should go by the info your dealer has on their login, and ask for a printout of the report so you can see what his is saying is legit (as stated before)
The guys here can only tell you the status up to 3800 when you get your VIN, after that, you do have to call your dealer.

Came to life 6/19
At home 7/3
DD 2007 Classic Z-71
Owns 2004 Corvette Conv. 3X Black, 6spd.
2004 Harley Davidson Fatboy
WH1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome