New Camaro SS, burnout, oops - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 Old 07-24-2009, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
Supporter of common sense

New Camaro SS, burnout, oops

According to the person who posted this pic, the driver of this Camaro SS wanted to celebrate his day-old car purchase by doing a burnout. Quickly followed by losing control, crashing, and getting arrested.

We can't verify the story, but the photo of the vehicle in what's supposed to be Riley's Bakery seems legit. Seriously, stop destroying these.

Source: http://jalopnik.com/5321968/

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 07-24-2009, 09:13 AM

Well......another one bites the dust! It is such a shame. Lack of common sense and 400 some odd horsepower don't mix well. I am sure we'll see more of this happening in the near future. There is a lot to be said about driving skills and attitudes exhibited in our current society. People don't realize that vehicles are potential rolling timebombs, and the driver behind the wheel is either the safety mechanism, or the trigger. I am a strong supporter of anyone buying and owning a high performance vehicles taking a performance driving class. So much can be learned, and they'll respect the full capabilities of their vehicles afterwards.
post #3 of 28 Old 07-24-2009, 09:18 AM

Ban LOW Performance Drivers, NOT High Performance Cars!!!

post #4 of 28 Old 07-24-2009, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

Again, we do not know the whole story

post #5 of 28 Old 07-24-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAnxious View Post
Again, we do not know the whole story
True, but looking at the photo, I would agree with caption. The Camaro has plowed into, what looks like an office building with an adjacent parking lot. I would assume this driver was not only doing a burnout, but may have been attempting to do a donut and lost it. By the photo, it looks like this took place at night, more than likely the parking lot was empty and the business was closed. The end result is a wrecked Camaro, and a damaged building.

If someone has the rest of the story, please post it!
post #6 of 28 Old 07-24-2009, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightfighter View Post
True, but looking at the photo, I would agree with caption. The Camaro has plowed into, what looks like an office building with an adjacent parking lot. I would assume this driver was not only doing a burnout, but may have been attempting to do a donut and lost it. By the photo, it looks like this took place at night, more than likely the parking lot was empty and the business was closed. The end result is a wrecked Camaro, and a damaged building.

If someone has the rest of the story, please post it!
Assumptions are great but just that.
While I do not know the story, was it the drivers fault? Was there something else going on to cause it? We don't know yet

post #7 of 28 Old 07-24-2009, 10:19 AM

Everyone knows that the proper way to do a burnout is to shut off the traction control first, then adjust your IPOD, text your girlfriend, push the clutch all the way in, pick up your twenty ounce coffee, floor the gas peddle, take a bite of your doughnut while popping the clutch while looking at your reflection in the bakery's window to see how really kewl that you look in your new 400+hp SS. Oh yes, and any cop that would arrest this moron must be a real Pr*ck.
post #8 of 28 Old 07-24-2009, 10:31 AM

Clearly the bakery got in the way of that guy's awesomeness.

This thread is worthless without pictures.

TPW 07/27/09
Vin #31886
Driven home 08/14/09
post #9 of 28 Old 07-24-2009, 10:44 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAnxious View Post
According to the person who posted this pic, the driver of this Camaro SS wanted to celebrate his day-old car purchase by doing a burnout. Quickly followed by losing control, crashing, and getting arrested.

We can't verify the story, but the photo of the vehicle in what's supposed to be Riley's Bakery seems legit. Seriously, stop destroying these.

Source: http://jalopnik.com/5321968/
The comments are overflowing with redneck stereotypes, especially this gem from "Tonyola" who fancies himself a paragon of creative writing:
Quote:
10:14 AM

Fate can be unkind to those in the current blush of glamor and fame, but it's also inescapable. Most of these new Camaros are going to end up in 2020 as being primer-ed, bondo-ed, and sitting on blocks in rural yards across the land. Those that are driveable will also have primer and bondo, but will also have the virtues of a Playboy tag hanging from the mirror, pissing Calvins on the windows, illegally-downloaded Lynyrd Skynyrd mp3s, empty bottles of Colt 45 on the rear floor, and a bad-complexioned, mulleted high school kid with a wispy mustache, pregnant girlfriend, and a pack of Marlboros for a pilot.
There sure is a lot of Camaro hate out there on the interwebs!

Still legal in 16 states. It's happy. It's fun. It's Happy Fun Car.
Do not taunt Happy Fun Car.
post #10 of 28 Old 07-24-2009, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hddan View Post
Everyone knows that the proper way to do a burnout is to shut off the traction control first, then adjust your IPOD, text your girlfriend, push the clutch all the way in, pick up your twenty ounce coffee, floor the gas peddle, take a bite of your doughnut while popping the clutch while looking at your reflection in the bakery's window to see how really kewl that you look in your new 400+hp SS. Oh yes, and any cop that would arrest this moron must be a real Pr*ck.
So true

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page