Price Protection - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 07-26-2009, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 470
 
Price Protection

SEE POST NUMBER 4 BELOW FOR ADDITIONAL INFO

Just an FYI for everyone-

I was out at the dealer for my first oil change (1st oil change free - mobile 1 synthetic) and while there they gave me a check for $540!

It was for price protection on my orginal order which I placed back in January. Keep in mind that I got this even though...

1. I never asked for it.
2. I switched my order from a 2LT to a 2SS after the revised pricing came out on April 1st.
3. When my dealer put my order in workbench originally, no pricing came up.

So figured I'd pass it on, if you ordered early, you may want to check in with your dealer.

Maybe Eric or Camaro Scotty could fill us in a bit on the procedure to get this? Do the dealers get the money automatically from GM, or do they have to apply for it?

-Brad

Last edited by bgrorud; 07-29-2009 at 12:33 PM.
bgrorud is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 07-27-2009, 02:01 AM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,136
 
So Brad, are you saying you were overcharged $540 from the pre-April 1st prices and you are getting that back, or, you are getting $540 back for some other reason?

I sent an email to my Dealer just 1 week ago since my Sales paperwork showed I was charged $795 DFC instead of $750 (pre-April 1st) and $470 for my Cyber Gray Metallic Stripes instead of $395 (pre-April 1st). I pointed out that my window sticker showed the correct pre-April 1st, 2009 pricing. I was told this is being looked at by GM and I would hear back from them (or, I assume, get a check for $120 plus tax in the mail).
DET MSCL is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 07-27-2009, 08:15 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 470
 
The price I paid when I picked up was the post April 1st price. I didn't pay attention to the Window sticker, but I thought it showed post April 1st pricing.

However, the difference between what I paid, and pricing released at launch does not account for $540, only maybe $100. So I am thinking the price protection goes back to the original pricing guidelines release back in October 2008.

I will try to find exactly where my pricing differed and get back to you later tonight...

-Brad
bgrorud is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 Old 07-29-2009, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 470
 
IMPORTANT UPDATE!

I have calculated how I got my price protection rebate, and it matches down to the penny.

My original order was placed in mid January, not sure if this applies after GM got their prices in workbench which I think happened around the end of February.

First, the price protection DOES seem to go back to the Octover 2008 pricing guidelines that were released. If you don't have a copy of them, I have attached a copy here.

One note is if you get GMS pricing, the October pricing shows a 20% discount on optins for GMS. Right now for the Camaro, you get a 15% discount on optins with GMS. The pricing protection uses that 15% off the October MSRP instead of the 20% that is listed on the attached sheets.

Here is how mine worked out (with the october GMS price recalculated at 15% off for the options)-

Item - October Price - What I paid
==========================
2SS - 30,738.45 -- 31,073
Auto --- 845.75 ---- 1007
RS Pkg ---1020 ---- 1020
Stripe ---- 399 ----- 399
Cover ---- 306 ----- 306
Destin --- 750 ------ 795

Add up the difference and you get $540.80, the amount of my check

So as it turns out, most of us who pre-ordered are due more than just the $45 transporatation increase from April 1st (and I think there was a couple other minor increases on that date too), if the dealer is honoring it...

Hope this helps!

-Brad
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Camaro October 2008 Pricing.pdf (212.7 KB, 126 views)
bgrorud is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 07-29-2009, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 470
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DET MSCL View Post
So Brad, are you saying you were overcharged $540 from the pre-April 1st prices and you are getting that back, or, you are getting $540 back for some other reason?

I sent an email to my Dealer just 1 week ago since my Sales paperwork showed I was charged $795 DFC instead of $750 (pre-April 1st) and $470 for my Cyber Gray Metallic Stripes instead of $395 (pre-April 1st). I pointed out that my window sticker showed the correct pre-April 1st, 2009 pricing. I was told this is being looked at by GM and I would hear back from them (or, I assume, get a check for $120 plus tax in the mail).

I think stripe packages have always been $470, not sure where your 395 came from...

So based on my calculations above, you are also due the increase in base price for a 2SS, and the increase in the Automatic Trans price.

-Brad
bgrorud is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 07-29-2009, 11:32 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,136
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrorud View Post
I think stripe packages have always been $470, not sure where your 395 came from...

So based on my calculations above, you are also due the increase in base price for a 2SS, and the increase in the Automatic Trans price.

-Brad
Good stuff Brad...my records show $395 for Factory-installed stripes and that is reflected in my window sticker...as for the Auto Transmission Price, I believe there was a different "mark-up" for a V-6 vs. a V-8, and I thought I was charged $1,185 appropriately for an SS, but I can sure sink my teeth into a rebate based on $845.75... I will check into it some more now that you have peaked my interest...

It sounds like GM did you right, so I expect we will all get the pre-April 1st pricing if we ordered before that date...

I will post an update if I hear from GM, or dig back into my pricing notes from Camaro Scotty and all...

UPDATES!
1. The pre-April 1st pricing for the MX0 Automatic Transmission was $995. Post-April 1st pricing shows $995, but $1,185 for 2LT and 2SS models (those have the 4-pack gauge cluster, could that have something to do with the new difference... ) This could mean I am due another $190 back plus tax!

2. The Cyber Gray Metallic Stripe Package B7W was listed at $395 as far back as 10/13/2008 ("the" big day!)...the VYY Cyber Gray Stripe Package is listed as $470, which I believe is the non-factory installed order code.

So, I am due the following credits:
$ 45 for DFC
$ 75 for Stripes
$190 for Auto Transmission
====
$310 plus 8.75% CA Sales Tax...yummie!

According to my notes, there was NO increase in the Base Price for a 2SS, it was $33,430 since the beginning...you got some sort of "Employee Pricing" it sounds like, so only that discount was reduced?

Last edited by DET MSCL; 07-30-2009 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Pricing Updates!
DET MSCL is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 07-30-2009, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 470
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DET MSCL View Post
UPDATES!
1. The pre-April 1st pricing for the MX0 Automatic Transmission was $995. Post-April 1st pricing shows $995, but $1,185 for 2LT and 2SS models (those have the 4-pack gauge cluster, could that have something to do with the new difference... ) This could mean I am due another $190 back plus tax!

2. The Cyber Gray Metallic Stripe Package B7W was listed at $395 as far back as 10/13/2008 ("the" big day!)...the VYY Cyber Gray Stripe Package is listed as $470, which I believe is the non-factory installed order code.

So, I am due the following credits:
$ 45 for DFC
$ 75 for Stripes
$190 for Auto Transmission
====
$310 plus 8.75% CA Sales Tax...yummie!

According to my notes, there was NO increase in the Base Price for a 2SS, it was $33,430 since the beginning...you got some sort of "Employee Pricing" it sounds like, so only that discount was reduced?
I agree with your numbers, looks correct.

Yes, I am corrected. The base price increases were GMS increases. I got the current price off gmfamilyfirst.com and subtracted the destination charge and then the October GMS price to get the difference.

Yes, I am corrected again, I didn't realize there was a price difference in October for dealer installed versus factory installed.

And it seems like my dealer forgot about the sales tax. Oh well, I'll let them keep it, they've earned it.

Anyone else checked with their dealer about price protection beside Mike?

-Brad
bgrorud is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome